Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for March 2013.....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Default NJ Fishing Reports for March 2013.....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

NJ fishing reports for March 2013. ..www.StripersandAnglers.com

NJ fishing reports for March 2013...www.stripersandanglers.com

**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING. Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED.
    Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

**For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
    Out Front (Ocean) OR -- Out Back (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time.

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

1. If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:
    If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish here today?

2. If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
    More discussion on this:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
    NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
    SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
    IBSP - Island Beach State Park
    LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
    CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
    CMC - Cape May County
    GEI - Great Egg Inlet
    TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
    BB - Barnegat Bay
    CB - Chesapeake Bay
    DB - Delaware Bay

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for March 2013.....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.

If you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well. Anyone who posts a report can win a plug even if they got skunked!

This month we're giving out plugs from Ace Baits, or something similar.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...splay.php?f=83

Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!

2013 Prologue....

2013 will be a very different year for a lot of fishermen, particularly those who fish the surf.

There is still limited access at many ocean areas.
    Bay areas wracked by Sandy's destruction are slowly being rebuilt.
    There are still several areas that may take years for them to put them back together...

While it's true that Sandy Hook and Island beach will have some more access by Memorial Day, there are many areas in between that will not.
    Please remember that when you are out there fishing....If you see your fellow fishermen behaving badly and littering or causing trouble., please try to speak up, or preferably report them without posing a risk to your personal safety.

We are all responsible for the Access we have as Fishermen out there......
    Unfortunately each year we lose access because of the behavior of a selfish few...

Please don't let this happen...
    Remember this Spring we will have twice the number of fishermen, fishing in half the number of places because of this limited access. Please try to keep that in mind when posting reports or pictures..

And please remember that the NJ striped bass season does not open up for back bays and rivers, until March 1, 2013.....
    If you're catching fish there God Bless, but please keep it to yourself....
    For those who can't wait till then to see fish pics, feel free to look at our Winter Fishing Thread in the Main forum.

Thanks for reading, and Best of Luck this Season....

fished last nite wit ledhead the tide was good but it was better before midnnight and we didnt want to cheat so we waited. by that time the tide was going out and it was cold water. used clams didn't have time to dig the secret bait we got the skunk. be back hittin it again this weekend come on spring!

^^^ Ditto, fished with w4 and some other buds last night from 12-2am. Not a touch. Water was too cold. Should hopefully find some fish this weekend. Good luck everyone

Hey guys at least you were out there trying. I may be out there this weekend. Will report if I am. Good luck to you dudes too.

Yeah I give credit for that. Catch em up!

Well thanks fellas thought about fishing tonight. Checked the water temps this morning they were only 36. Later on they only went up to 39 NG for bass maybe by monday we will have some action.

Fished a cape may beach late saturday afternoon. Clams and worms. One small 12" bass on the worm and that was all she wrote. Think we need some more sunny days

Something is better than nothing. You will get them next time. Thanks for the report.

Some SI friends came over to NJ to fish the night of opening day....I think they were done by sunrise...There are some places over on their side that are probably holding a few bass now, but their season doesn't open till April 15, and they wanted to do the right thing by following the law....

The following courtesy of Brian....best of luck to you and the TCB crew this season....and congrats on losing 65lbs, you will live a much longer life because of that....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	team TCB 3-1-13.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	16638

The report...team TCB....
    "Nice to get out of the house with team TCB but no action on the first trip of the season. It was nice to talk about last season and great to be making plans for the upcoming season. Back on em the end of next week"

no one is fishing at all? I hate this snow!

Quote Originally Posted by porgy75 View Post
    no one is fishing at all? I hate this snow!
    wish4fish and I fished today porgy. It was a ton of work but we got some. We got out at low tide to dig some bait. Cold and nasty in the muck. Then we went to a bar for a few cold ones and waited for the tide to get better. Came back, fished for 2 hours. I got 3 he got 2. He would have had 3 but he went to smoke a tree and missed a hit on his pole. Fish hit closest to the top of the tide. That was probably when the water was warmest. Maybe 45 minutes of catching and a whole lot of waiting. All short fish and safely returned to get bigger.

Way to go dudes at least you got some!

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    wish4fish and I fished today porgy. It was a ton of work but we got some. I got 3 he got 2. All short fish and safely returned to get bigger.
    Congrats on the fish guys! Great to hear you are fishing and had some action.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    Cold and nasty in the muck. Then we went to a bar for a few cold ones and waited for the tide to get better.
    The best part of any trip. I try to wait till after the day is over though before loading up on adult beverages. Congrats. Let me know when the small fish turn into 20 lbers.

The first cold water raritan keeper was weighed in yesterday. Not me a buddy texted it to me. Supposably on clams. I want to thank you guys for getting out there and fishing. I get tired of reading the internet fishing reports that don't have anything to do at all with fishing. Thanks I will be out sometime next week and will post a report when I do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	march 10 2013 rb keeper weigh in.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	16673

Awesome congrats to the angler!

nice fish way to go

cool vs, it's time to fish

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast