Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
^^ As to the 3 mooks who responded after you.....
Seriously I think they keep tuning in here for the entertainment value...never know what's gonna happen next.....

I can honestly say if you get a chance to see some of their posts and threads they have started here, you will learn a lot.....I'm just a simple goog who has lost his white bucket...but the ones who welcomed you....know some things about fishin.....
Although you may see a lot of ball busting here....they are true, helpful, and honest.....and have some real fishing skills.......

*(It was good that without really knowing Jim well, you and many others stepped up to the plate to help him. He and his family have been devasted by Sandy and took a big hit financially with no real insurance compensation. So nice to see strangers come together to help someone in need. )

As for JBarbosa....a little about him, from the time I spent working with him at Jim's......nice to finally meet ya, John...
From what I saw, John is pretty motivated..not only in fishing but in life as well..
A lot younger than I expected...but still a fanatic about fishing.....
Fishing with his family ever since he was a tyke.....
And enthusiastic about every trip out there.....

I found him to have a level of sarcasm, mixed with humbleness, and honesty about people his own age, that hopefully serves him well throughout his life.....it's insight into the big picture that can help us become better fishermen., and people......and I think John has that....nice to meet ya.....welcome aboard...look forward to your contributions and insights here......
I have surfed and lurked around this site in the past, there are plenty of helpful hints around each corner.

DarkSkies gave you guys a good overview of me but heres a little more:

Im a young guy (24) and I really like to fish. I have not been able to fish as much as I wanted in the past because of doing both school & work full time. I'm glad thats over as I can now fish a lot more!!

I consider myself a surf rat but I won't turn down any boat trips and I enjoy fishing from my kayak.

I mostly fish the waters I know best which is north of SRI.
I really like nasty weather and thats probably because I like having the beach to myself. I don't play nice with others at times

I am a self proclaimed tackle *****...I don't collect plugs or anything like that but I have way too many rods. I really like fishing rods