Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Who had the right to fish there?

I don't understand the closeness of these 2, on the beach. For that matter I don't understand guys who surf fish turning it into a group experience....

If you're bait fishing, it makes sense...you bring the cooler out....some cold drinks, sammiches.......maybe the wives or girlfriends tagging along....

But surf fishing in groups?
I have run into you out there fishing the tides,,,and some other site members...but usually it's like....2 surfcasters who happened to run into each other and are fishing the same area...rather than fish side by side....ran into a few friends over the past few weeks, and most nights we were at least 100' apart.......why crowd together when the beach is so large and you could each work different cuts in hopes that maybe one finds some fish?....just my thoughts...maybe I really am a dinosaur.........

**I go out there for the solitude....maybe the perceptions about surf fishing at night have shifted....
To me that is part of the way I learned as well.....fishing in the daytime....it's a great time for friends to go out, fishing together,,,,and the socialization is part of that...but the night game in the surf or rocks, is usually a solitary one......where once in a while you run into someone you know...grunt an acknowledgement of each other....and both go on your way...to find your fish.....again..different strokes for different folks...that's what makes this world such a beautiful place.....

2 guys sitting down, laying down next to each other....were they really spooning??