Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
For others out there, I post these words as an encouragement for anyone who gets the urge, to volunteer, and make a difference in something.

You may feel you are only a small insignificant part of it, as I felt. However, by volunteering you can become part of something great, better than you could ever do on your own, unless you're Bill Gates.

This goes for helping people, as well as getting involved in issues that affect us, like fisheries management. The generation of the past, people like Finchaser, the OFFC, Surfwalker, ane others here, are tired from all the volunteering and activism.

It's now time for new volunteers to step up to the plate and lend a hand.....so please consider volunteering your time, words, or compassion, anywhere you feel it's needed most....and please consider it today... Some "volunteers" such as soldiers and police officers, have given much, and have paid with their lives as the ultimate sacrifice ....

I know it sounds corny, but one person can make a difference, if they believe they can. I still believe it despite my cynicism here at times....

Thanks for reading, folks, and thanks to Finchaser, as always, for posting and sending stuff like this....

Thanks again for posting that Fin.
I'm quoting my prior post above, to get folks out there to think about volunteering, at some point, to help those less fortunate than yourselves...thanks for reading.