Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

Nice going guys. Fished moco this am and the fishing was kind of lame. Not much bait in the surf and the water was a little too calm. One blue on metal.

I was at Island beach this morning. The mullet were running through. Managed a few blues on fresh mullet and one short bass at 7am.

clamchucker I don't have a beach buggy pass. I would like to hit ibsp sat early morning say 3am. would I be able to get in at that time? thanks!

Rob there is someone at the gatehouse 24 hours a day and they sell passes. Are you going to buy the 3 day weekend or the yearly. I might suggest that you buy the yearly at $195 it is a better value. Good luck

Fished the park this morning, a few blues to 5# on mullet. I was not able to tempt any bass on artificials.

Quote Originally Posted by clamchucker View Post
    Rob there is someone at the gatehouse 24 hours a day and they sell passes. Are you going to buy the 3 day weekend or the yearly. I might suggest that you buy the yearly at $195 it is a better value. Good luck
    When you say passes, are you talking about beach buggy? I only have 2 wheel drive . I was asking more about entrance fee.

I just called- I can access the park for fishing - $5 to get in. Good deal!

rob its 5 to get in if you want to walk in. I read your post as well and wasnt sure if you wanted to fish on foot or the 4wd permit either.
    I posted the 4wd permit info here
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...Reporting-Info
    Paying $5 you really limit yourself. There is a lot of ground to cover and alot of times only a few cuts hold fish while the rest are dead.
    If you just want to walk on you could park at the last street near the Island beach motor lodge. They are less restrictive after the summer but still be careful of the no parking signs you will prob get a ticket.
    If you don't have a lot of experience with the park and you still want to walk you could park in South Seaside Park and walk at low tide to learn the cuts and sloughs. You can do that and walk into there for free and walk as far as your energy takes you. Once things start to heat up there are usually some fish in that general area.

What clamchucker said about the pass is spot on tho. Best way to learn the park, and they have maps at the gatehouse. My .02.

Thanks fishinmisson. Sorry I wasn't more clear. Actually it is just ignorance on my part- I don't know much about IBSP and my question were more about accessing the park beyond the "day hours". I wish I had 4x4 and my next vehicle will certainly be one and I will get the annual pass. Until then- I got to do the poor man way- hoof it on foot. I did park at the last street on Tuesday and walked in- thanks for the tip- save me 5 bucks and a lot of time.

IMO very tough area to fish if your on foot

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I agree Fin but alas- it is the best I can do.

I face the same issues so if I can't hitch a ride I fish places that produce just as well with easier access and it's not a zoo

^^ I agree with finchaser and clamchucker. I sometimes fish Brigantine. You can walk the beach but it is a pita. Lot nicer to ride up and down when they sell the permits.
    Went out today and caught a croaker and skate in the ocean city surf. Used fresh clams. Seen some bait moving through but didn't see any bluefish or other hungry fish chasing them. I thinik it was mullet not sure

fished last night 9pm to 12 am released 3 bluefish and a weakfish all on SP minnow all small

Fished occo 4-6 am. One short bass one blue on stubby needlefish. Not much bait in the surf. The storm is coming its already overcast here.

Nice catching fellas. Fished nomoco this morning picked up one fat short striped pajama fish and a few tailor bluefish to 4#. Bucktail and white grub. fishinmission I agree the storm is coming maybe if it's not too bad it may kick the action up a notch. Very slow now, poor start to the season. Tomorrow is the first day of fall, my worst fall start so far in a few years. jmho

Hit NoMoco for daybreak and one hour after. A few bluefish on ava and redgill. Didn't see any hickories there was kinda strange. Also picked up a feisty sundial on the ava and one short fluke.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sundial.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	17589

Nice reports gents hope to see more striped ones soon. I will be out this afternoon will report back.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    . Very slow now, poor start to the season. Tomorrow is the first day of fall, my worst fall start so far in a few years. jmho
    Agreed. By this time every year I usually have more than a handful of keeper bass. They are not around in numbers yet. Some decent schoolie and weakfish action in the back bays but mostly small fish. Club guys and friends from work were at montauk last night and no one did anything worth bragging about, a few runts and blues.

Tomorrow is the first day of Fall. The famous harvest moon. Where are all the fish that are supposed to be here. Striped bass are not overfished? Tell me another tall tale.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...he-board/page2

Fishing report, fished a moco beach this morning picked up 2 runts on small swimmer.

Glad to see you guys got some fish. Got up late out to Moco from 11-1. No bait or fish where I was.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast