Thread: Kayak Trips and Fishing Reports 2013

Threaded View

Went kayaking with my brother and friend yesterday looking for something actally capable of pulling drag.

When we launched at a southern location in the RB the water was dead flat . Launching in the surf was not a possibility with the forecast of 15-25mph winds predicted.

We started by splitting up and trolling around for a while with no hits. Lots of smaller bait around including spearing, peanuts and mullet. I also saw some scattered bunker around. We ended up just shy of the coast guard station at the hook about 5-6 miles from where we launched before we decided to turn around.

After a while we switched over to some bottom fishing. Spots and croakers were coming up with spots greatly outnumbering the croakers for once.

I ended up getting a nice weakfish and buddy caught one as well.

Wind was kicking up and we started to make our way back against a 15-20mph wind and a full moon tide. The waves were pretty bad..took a few dozen over the bow and go totally soaked. I had 4-6" of water in my hull that I'm not sure if it was from taking water over the bow or a leak. I've suspected I may have a small leak since two trips ago but I never got this much water.

Attachment 17597
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg