Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

You guys should film this stuff some of these reports are roflmao hilarious!

Fished nomoco from 5-7. Slack to beginning of incoming tide. Water was a bit dirty and not much action where I was. No visible bait. 2 cocktails hit metal.

Fished the boat we fished all the lumps and bumps looking for fluke nada after a few drifts we trolled the perimeters of the lumps looking for Albert and Bonita again Nada including bait went inshore and jigged about 25-30 weakfish and a few small blues these fish have been here for 3 weeks .

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

That's a lot of weakfish how far off the surf were you?

I stayed local figuring I shouldn't drive an hour just to catch dinks...got two hits both too small to inhale a 5" swim shad.

you could have got them in the yak 40'

After hearing about the tuna finchaser caught in the surf the other day
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...reports/page10

I knew I had to get out there last night.
    Got out later than I wanted to, but still found some beautiful water between the back bays and the ocean. Fished 4 hours and made 6 stops total, Threw everything that made sense, from swimmers down to the smallest bucktail with grub. At one of the stops I got a short bass on the 2nd cast....wasted another 1 1/2 hours at that place looking for another. Total for the night, 1 short bass landed, 1 missed.

As finchaser often says, the fishing was great, the catching sucked.

I haven't been out there that much. Just can't get motivated. There are a few fish here and there but there are vast stretches of surf and back bay areas that are holding nothing.....

I think someone already said this.....this is the poorest start to the fall for me in about 8 years......If you find high concentrations of bait you will likely find some fish..In the last week some nice fish were caught...but only by those standing on the Red X....(coined by Old Farts Fishing Club) ....Lately, all the old reliable fall places are not holding any numbers of bass so far.....

Hell, I would be happy chasing some big blues at night... Sadly, even they have not staged in the early season places they usually do...despite abundant food.....

The best thing I can say about the night is that it felt good to see and touch the water again.....fish or no fish...that's part of my therapy...

I was standing on the red x today dark.
    Picked up over 20 blues to 5#. No bass but the blue action was fast and furious for about 1 1/2 hours in nomoco. They were spitting up mullet and most of them hit a red and white pencil just beyond the break.

Good to see you fishing again dark. Hookset nice catches!!!

way to go hook I know where you were

Fished No-moco this morning, slack to incoming 5:30-8. Got one short bass 25" and 3 acrobatic blues on ava and teaser. Nice score hookset.

I made 5-6 stops last night and burned $30 in gas, 6 hours of my life with nothing to show for it but at least I know where the bass aren't.

We use to joke about there not being any fish in NJ...

Look out for possible good deals on fishing equipment.

Not a joke^^^^

Fished island beach this morning from 6-9. Very slow, no fish for me.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post

We use to joke about there not being any fish in NJ...

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Not a joke^^^^

We are very close to the conditions that existed before the last moratorium.

Quote Originally Posted by clamchucker View Post
    We are very close to the conditions that existed before the last moratorium.
    couldn't agree more and at a faster pace

Fished LBI last night at low tide for some scouting. Noticed a nice lip so I decided to cast parallel to the beach and was rewarded with a keeper fluke- problem is it was one day too late. Not much going on. No visible signs of bait in the surf. my buddy caught one 16" blue on a sinking minnow plug. He said he was getting a lot of hits but couldn't seal the deal except for that one. Me on the other hand did not even get a bump.

I hope the fishing doesn't or isn't as bad as we all think it is. That would really **** especially since I just got into it.

The old guys got together yesterday and went north. After chasing the ghost of Albies around we decided (With the help of DS's coaching) to just fish where we saw the bait earlier and we had bunker and some rainfish in area and we caught 26 blues between 2 and 5 lbs. on popping plugs. Was good to catch some fish again

Didn't get a chance to post last weekend, but I fished SH early Sat. morning and got a couple of blues chasing bunker (first time out since early summer). Those bunker are all over the place, hope thats a good sign of things to come

Fished 5 1/2 hours last night....best I could manage was one missed fish on small swimmer.....Covered 23 miles to find that high level of activity.

Some of the water I fished was beautiful, but there was a distinct lack of bait in most of the areas. I was not targeting small bass, instead looking for larger bass or bluefish....but without large amounts of bait, I knew it wasn't likely to happen.

The best part of the night was I had most stretches of beach to myself, the sound of silence was deafening....and didn't run into another fisherman until 5:30 am when I ran into old friends who I hadn't seen since last Fall....They're catching, but echoed my sentiments that the night bite is very spotty so far.....

This morning I still had some energy left, went to the scene of the carnage yesterday where the OFFC and some others put a hurting on the bluefish....That beach was totally dead......the whole ocean this morning made me think what it would be like if God poured a giant bottle of bleach in and mixed it in with the Jersey Coast water.....

Still not satisfied, or miserable enough, I had the bright idea to retrace some of my steps last night, and see if another side of the tide would be better.....it wasn't......I finished up the Monty Marathon with my a** dragging and feeling like I played Pop Warner football for 3 days......

Congrats to all those who found action yesterday afternoon.....if you can find fish today, stay on em....cause it ain't likely you will find them again tomorrow......no discernible patterns at all so far for me, this fall.....
    Fishjay, glad to help you and the OFFC any way I can ....you guys are an inspiration for a lot of the younger anglers out there.....and we're most grateful for all the intel and wisdom you have generously shared over the years....

KOD (Kiss Of Death) ^^^^^ you were here, this explains the small Ocean County bite dying last night and today. Monty would have at least caught trash fish on his teaser.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast