Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

I got out last night but not to where i wanted to and couldnt fish the tide i wanted..Found out yesterday i have to go up to Albany this AM to pick up a car ..So fished a different area w/my bud...slow night i managed 2 and missed 2 and my bud got 1 all shorts..Fished 730-1130pm...Im with ya John i saw the cams earlier and thought man that white water is a gonna be perfect..Get there and it was flat as a lake..Better than a skunk but expected a little more.. Nice job on the catching Finchaser thats a fun night right there!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    I got out last night but not to where i wanted to and couldnt fish the tide i wanted..Found out yesterday i have to go up to Albany this AM to pick up a car ..So fished a different area w/my bud...slow night i managed 2 and missed 2 and my bud got 1 all shorts..Fished 730-1130pm...Im with ya John i saw the cams earlier and thought man that white water is a gonna be perfect..Get there and it was flat as a lake..Better than a skunk but expected a little more.. Nice job on the catching Finchaser thats a fun night right there!!

We were probably in the same area but it just didn't feel right last night.

double report

Fished last night wind shift caused tide to go out for 2 extra hours do to water backing up in bay all day, which made my plans go up in smoke, had to change my approach and bounce bottom with a jig head and Zooms to provoke strikes released 5 bass to 22" .

Fished this morning 6-8 am and had abnormally long out going tide with wind pushing it managed 13 bass to 24 inches all on jig head and Riptide salt and pepper tail

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    dark you know I was only busting the new dude, and you as well.

.......you should go out and fish more. really miss your reports.
    By the way when you are in your hyper mode and shouting at someone what to do to land a fish, you are kind of scary. One of the most intense dudes I have ever met. Now please don't ban me for saying that.
    Steve, I know you're just busting.....never a problem when you mooks bust my balls.....otherwise I would not have carefully cultivated an internet image of Dark the Goog with the Googan Bucket.... ...to help me fish in peace....All good.....and enjoyed.....

As for the other issue, please do not talk about members that do not post any more....I want to give them that courtesy....
    I know I helped a lot of folks to get fish and with their technique.......some appreciate it, some don't...that's the way of the world....let's move on from here.....thanks.....

**I don't have the time anymore that I used to have to fish...or to administer this site....so as stated, this site is really about you people out there....

Your reports...
    Your posts...
    Your threads....
    Your ball busting.....
    Your lives....which can be pretty interesting, and give me lots of laughs....
    Your jokes....
    It's as busy, or quiet, as you want it to be.......thanks for understanding.....

Fishing report....fished last night...I didn't want to fish in the ocean because the back bay areas are normally very solid for me this time of year...and on my last trip out I felt I did not put enough time in exploring.....

I was sadly disappointed....it seems a lot of the bait has moved out.....the water is beautiful.....perfect bass water........going back 10 years in my logs I could always pull a few 15-20# bass out of the places that I visited this time of year......last night I found a lot of dead water......

I know the seams and cuts where they are likely to sit....and concentrate on hard and soft structure......it's generally easy to find a few fish.....

Only a few hits and misses.....and that was on rubber fished in the bottom half of the water column....if you were just fishing plugs you would not have contacted those few fish .......

Only had a few hours and didn't stick around for the first light bite.....
    There is a pretty decent sand eel bite going on now......but as I mentioned in a previous post, even that ocean bite is not that consistent....

Good luck out there, people....
    We're halfway through our Fall Season as of Nov 1....
    This week is usually the week when I have gotten fish to 20# and better with ease......

** I'm not willing to blame it on the "water temperatures"...."lack of bait concentrations"...or here's a good excuse...."the fish are still schooled up off of Mass,,,we are still waiting for them"....

There are fish moving along the coasts of LI and NJ...big fish......fish to 53lbs have been caught in LBI already, but not in the surf zone.....and there are high bait concentrations in some key areas...with not a lot of fish in those concentrations.....

With the rates of success I have had at this time, in past years......I cannot accept someone blithlely declaring
    "The striped bass are healthier than ever".....
    It just hasn't been proven in my trips out there at night.....although some decent fish are being caught....

How has your Fall season been so far?
    Mine has not been that great....
    Part of that problem for me, is I remember how good it used to be....this time of year....and how abundant the fish were....
    Maybe I would be happier if I were getting old and senile like finchaser.....and starting to lose my memory....

Ok enough babbling and go back in hiding^^^^^^^the fish you seek are dead and the remaining ones move further off the Jersey coast every year with the army corp of morons beach replenishment.so accept it or move to another state

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Part of that problem for me, is I remember how good it used to be....this time of year....and how abundant the fish were....
    Maybe I would be happier if I were getting old and senile like finchaser.....and starting to lose my memory....
    Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Ok enough babbling and go back in hiding......so accept it or move to another state

^^You grump when I'm not available to fish or post my babbling here.........and you grump when I go out there and do fish........man you are one tough customer to please....

PS what size Depends do you take?.....
    I wanna stock up, for when you start to lose control of your bowels, and we have to change you twice a day.....ya old grouchy basstid....

I know boat fish don't count. There were not a lot of them today anyway. More birds and bait than fish. Ran from the Shrewsbury rocks south. The best activity was around 2-3 miles out. Jigged a few blues to 17lbs and 2 bass 29 and 32". There were lots of sandeels and good readings but the fish did not want to cooperate much.

Fished nomoco before sunup. Slow pick of runts just across the bar. 4 to 25". Feeding on sandeels. Once it got light it slowed down with bird activity just out of reach. SP did the trick

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    ^^You grump when I'm not available to fish or post my babbling here.........and you grump when I go out there and do fish........man you are one tough customer to please....

PS what size Depends do you take?.....
    I wanna stock up, for when you start to lose control of your bowels, and we have to change you twice a day.....ya old grouchy basstid....
    Did you forget he's Itailan? He might send some of the boys to take you for a ride, concrete shoes!
    No worries about the other stuff I said, or to mention the other guy was just sticking up for you. Sorry to see you didn't get any fish.
    I fished this mornning and got the skunk too.

Took the day off to fish. Got into some nice teen bass and blues in NoMoco this morning on rubber and bucktails. All released. Went back tonight and it seems the fish moved on. Picked up 3 bass to 26" on a sluggo.

Buckethead best report i seen in few days, nice, out front?

sharkhart, yep. first it was bass gradually slurping at the eels. As it got light it gave way to blues. The action was so little you would not have known many fish were underneath without being there and casting. Then at dusk when I went back for the 2nd round it was like they were never there. Like dark said the fishing is very inconsistent. There was a space of about 6 years in a row when that action would last for weeks at a time once the sand eels set up.
    I think there is still too much bait in the bays and the rivers and the sandeels that I have seen are jumbled up in patches here and there. Once the numbers increase we may see a better bite.
    Or the bass will continue to follow the offshore route that they are following leaving long island and ending up around island beach, long beach island, or further south before they start to be seen in the surf. coin toss as to how it will unfold this year.

Nice report Buckethead! This in consistent bite driving my nutty...It impossible to nail down a bite.. Ill have to put some more time in to try and figure it out

this morning 6 to 7:30 released 9 bass to 28" all on jig head and AAT tails in Mean dine color. Major bite going on now in 70' water Rattle snake area

Worked 3 jettys and some beach last night..Not a single bump!! It was super flat..Felt like i was freshwater fishing!!..I smell like a skunk this AM

Fished with OFFC at various spots in NoMoCo on Friday afternoon to dark. It was a three peat of the skunk.

Quote Originally Posted by yardvillejimmy View Post
    Fished with OFFC at various spots in NoMoCo on Friday afternoon to dark. It was a three peat of the skunk.
    Sorry to hear that dark talks about the OFFC all the time hope to meet you guys out there one night. I fished ocean county last night. Like blazin said it was super flat. There were a few bass right over the bar. Picked up 5 to 27" on a needlefish. Fished real slow.

Nice going basshunter. Yardvillejimmy don't feel so bad same for me last evening.

Fished after work yesterday from 5 to 8pm caught about 2 dozen shorts that we're chasing spearing. Small clousers were the ticket fished in front of a light jig head with a small curly tail.

Went home took a short nap before meeting up with Rui around midnight. Fished all night and only caught one short bass and hickory shad. Rui got himself a keeper and a short.

I can't seem to get away from the hickory shad no matter where I go.

Cold last night!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast