Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2014.....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

That is a sweet looking plug Finchaser...Id be interested in getting one for sure...Fished yesterday afternoon...Bunch of blues and a double header which was fun other than 1 of them shredding my Vision....Found 2 small bass about 18in...And saw a beauty of a weakie caught probably about 8-9lbs!! Bunker came in thick but couldnt get anything the hit my offering there were some blow ups in it but nothing for me....Once it got dark action stopped fished till 1030pm....Did get some practice in with the flyrod earlier on the afetrnoon but caught on the spin rod..

34 inch bass and many blues 7-12# range

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Snagged this herring(?) in between snagging bunker last night (targeting bunker).

Fished out back the past three nights over 19 hours total. Got some bass to around 22lbs and bluefish all mixed sizes for me but none over 10lbs. Did see one brute bluefish easily over 15lbs get caught.

Action has been good in small 1-2 hour windows and a slow pick outside of those windows.

Incoming tide has been key for us, outgoing = 0 fish for us all three days.

Friday night we did well towards the top of the incoming. Saturday night we did best around the middle of the incoming. Last night was a little slower due to some mental health issues and a feisty raccoon that got my brother running scared. We did have most of our hits come at low tide last night.

Fished 5 hours last night....both sides of the tide.
    Moved quite a few times. Found lots of dead water.

Could only manage fish on rubber. The places I stopped at were kind of dead. Only a few produced.
    Bottom half of water column.
    Managed 3 medium bluefish and one baby bass on rubber dragged slowly on the bottom.
    It was the size of the smaller shads JBarbosa uses....

so for now...we'll call it the JB rubber....

fished the hook this morning got short strippers and 22 blue fish, bunker all over.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Friday night we did well towards the top of the incoming. Saturday night we did best around the middle of the incoming. Last night was a little slower due to some mental health issues and a feisty raccoon that got my brother running scared. We did have most of our hits come at low tide last night.
    Great report JB.
    Seems like the herring are scattered about the bay a bit. Is that normal for this time of the year?

Was that raccoon on a sled like the one Madcaster took a pic of?

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Nice job John!!

Nice job gents. Had a good morining in OC. Walkiing the beaches and following the bunker. Picked up double digits of bluefish 6-10 lbs along the beach. They were feeding on bunker as far up and down as you could see. Pencil popper or bucktail worked for most of us. Tried metal they only wanted something big or with hair on it where I was My arms are tired. Some real nice bluefish were caught. All released. Didn't see any bass brought up.
    monty glad to hear you healed up and are fishing again. i remember reading about that.

Quote Originally Posted by chas527 View Post
    fished the hook this morning got short strippers and 22 blue fish, bunker all over.

Hey chas did you by any chance take any pic of those strippers? I have got lap dances from some tall ones but never from a real short one like a midget size.
    Just kidding, nice reports fellas.

Took Pebbles out tonight for her first trip of the year. We had some pressing problems we had to deal with first. By the time we got to the water a strong S wind changed the conditions. We went elsewhere and spent 2 hours working the tides seeing if we could find a fish or 2...nothing for either of us....good night out....no goog mishaps this time.

Congrats to all who were able to be out at the right time and place....some good action coming together now and some fantastic bluefish action for those who don't mind fishin for em. I will target big blues every time when faced with a choice of comparable size bass, but that's just me.....
    Good luck to all....

Glad to see you and pebbles got out dark. Can't hit a home run every time. You can have those blues the big ones are fun but the little guys get annoying after awhile. Fished the bay with bunker last night. Only one bass 28" kept for dinner, Lots of little blues hitting bunker chunks. Bunker came by in the dark on the incoming but no big bass on them. There was a cool cinder worm hatch for anyone who is into that. Maybe some of you fly guys could get out there and try. for me it seems to slow the fishing down because the bass are slurping the worms and don't want much else.

Nice going gents. madcaster great photoshop! Thanks for the cinder worm report ledhead

This 5 to 7 AM 1 bass and 8 blues all on lead head and shaker tail. My side kick got a few weakfish in the 6-7 pound range all still alive and well

fished rb last night ...income to high...just plugs ... started at my beach ...zip-o ...moved to a spot on my route ....zip-o ....hit the next spot ....bucket of blues on the beach ....had one hit ....missed it ....saw blues caught on bunker ...them died down ...move to the next spot ......managed one chopper ...first for 2014 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	18284

Nice bluefish madcaster. great to hear the big ones are around. Is that one of your needlefish you got him on?

Nice going on the blue madcaster. I got into them tonight too. Went to fish the ocean after work. Took one look at the surf and winds and said hell no.
    Went to the back bay. Lots of ppl out there. The action was slow and steady. They were all over. Blues from 5-12 pounds. Some tail walkers it was pretty cool. Got em on bucktails and metal. Wanted to get one on popper but no dice. Oh welll no matter, Im a happy camper.

Awesome to read about those gators thanks for the report!

5 to 7 pm 1 bass and too many blues to count between 5 and 10 pounds all on metal

Two of us fished OC late afternoon till about 8:30. Caught a lot of bluefish from 3 lbs to 10 lbs. Caught a few on bucktails when we first started, the rest we caught on metals.

Wow awesome reports guys! Can't wait to get out there and try my luck.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast