Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
Well I finally got my son to go fishing. I would say go fishing with me but the goal was for him to fish and me help. .......At least we are making the strides in the right direction. He did admit that it was fun when he was hooked up!

That's the right way to go about it, Rob. I like to fish by myself because then it's all about the solitude, what I want to do, and the numbers. It's a personal contest each time to catch as many as I can, or find them when it appears they are not around.

When I take someone else, like Pebbles, etc, it becomes all about them, and their happiness. Everything is geared toward making sure they will have the best experience and want to come back again.

You seem to have it down. Quality time with father and son.
Here's a little story....when Pebbles children were younger, I would take them fishing. They liked it but grew out of it. They saw the large bluefish their Mom brought home the other night (we had to kill one) and their eyes bulged out looking at it. It may have sparked an interest and we may take one of them on a fishing trip with us.

The interest of children comes and goes when it comes to the outdoors. If you can ignite even the smallest spark, and spend some quality time with your son, those are precious memories that will last forever.

Good times, good Dad.