Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Sept 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Awesome jigfreak thats a good night of fishing!! WTG!!...Also nice job BH on the shorts...Real nice to hear of some stripes being caught!!

Got two bass last night on my teasers fished in front of a metal lip. I was fishing out front in MoCo as well.

No obvious signs of bait. Saw some bass caught by others as well.

Ok thats it I gotta go tonight after all these positive reports...Ill prob find the skunk but ya dont no unless ya go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Got two bass last night on my teasers fished in front of a metal lip. I was fishing out front in MoCo as well.

No obvious signs of bait. Saw some bass caught by others as well.
    No Gulp?
    I'll guess it was in a place where you had to walk less than 1000 feet....
    This can't be an actual JB report - are you sure you're not an imposter?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    No Gulp?
    I'll guess it was in a place where you had to walk less than 1000 feet....
    This can't be an actual JB report - are you sure you're not an imposter?
    I've never intentionally fished gulp for bass...I don't know where you got this idea that I don't walk far when I fish???

I'm getting my gulp fix in tomorrow AM on a friend's boat...Might go hit the surf again later tonight not sure yet.

^ I asked you, and you said you won't walk too far if you don't know there are fish there.
    I may be having a SR Moment here....please accept my humble apologies because you have been such an outspoken voice on the internet...
    So please allow me to re-phrase that....
    Will you walk 2000 feet for a fish?
    Would you be willing to walk more than 4 miles at night?...careful with the answer cause if you fish with Monty he will have you running a marathon just to keep up....

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    6 fat bass tonight to 10#, released. In da surf moco near top of tide. Rubber shad. Mullet all over. Good to finally see some fish. DS just a thanks for all you do for striped bass. Some of these guys are clueless. They will kill the last striped bass until there are none left. I saw the thread its like you are trying to educate cavemen that they need to hunt different land each time instead of right outside the cave or there will be no cave beasts left to hunt. Unreal. You are a better man than me I don't how you put up with Fisher Price and the other idiots. They are the most notorious meatmen in the bay. It's like David trying to fight Goliath. Thank you dude, You sure have some balls. I would just give up on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Great report jigfreak. Nice C and R.
    Also want to thank Dark, he puts a lot into trying to get these meatmen to see that they are putting a hurting on the breeders.

Thanks for the kind words guys....
    It's something that has to be done, raising awareness...whether people like me or not...
    The striped bass are in the worst condition they have been since the moratorium.

I know that if folks don't fish a lot they might not see that...
    but if you fish daily and try to tell folks how healthy they are.....
    You have some sort of hidden agenda.....Commercial or financial.....I have proven this in discussions, time and time again.

And congrats on the persistence for the bass Jig...you definitely put your time in......

I fished south of ocean city today on the incoming tide after work. Right before dark I got 4 kingfish on bloodworms and one small bluefish. There was some activity pretty far out. Reading the albacore report from north I was hoping it was them but it was probably bluefish. It was a good time fishing and it really feels like fall out there. Come on fish!

Got a few nice bass to 32" last night before dark. Pencil poppers. Moco. Lots of mullet and other bait in the surf line. All released.

Looks like some stripers are finally here! Thanks for the reports will try to get out there sunday!

Very nice hookset!!I Fished last night from 730pm-1230am hit 3 spots in MoCo...All i came up with was a 17.5in fluke that slammed my Yozuri mag minnow...Thought it was a small bass at first...Threw everything..With the reports of mullet around, i tossed a bunch of Redfins with no hits to show for it then the wind picked up and i couldnt get them out far enuff...Nice conditions NE wind that wasnt too much and some nice water but the spots i tried were empty..Back to focusing on some flatties Sunday..Gotta get a few more keeps before the season ends. But i will looking for that pre sunrise bass before the GULP comes out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails yozuri fluke.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Will you walk 2000 feet for a fish?
    Would you be willing to walk more than 4 miles at night?...careful with the answer cause if you fish with Monty he will have you running a marathon just to keep up....
    Yes...I already asked Monty to join him on one of his Montauk excursions this fall. Schedule didn't allow it this week maybe next week if Monty is okay with that.

I fished on my friend's boat this morning. Forecast was 5-10mph winds with gusts to 15mph. Turned out to be 15-25+mph sustained when we got there but we decided to go anyway. Saw a decent amount of peanut bunker in the marina's on our way out but they are small 2-4".

We got beat up all day and the drift was way too fast us googs forgot the drift sock at home.

Got two hook ups that I dropped and that was it for the day...besides a good beating from 3-4fters in the bay.

Got back to the dock and our van is close to getting flooded from the full moon tide and strong winds blowing into the bay.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140913_115935.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	18849

On the brighter side the parking lot was full of small schools of peanut bunker. No signs of bass or blue in the parking lot...Dark I know you will ask me that...

Grabbed a short video but for some reason the first half of the video has too much glare. Skip to the 1 minute mark to see peanuts in the parking lot near my feet. A first for me...
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/15041520930/

Yes...I already asked Monty to join him on one of his Montauk excursions this fall. Schedule didn't allow it this week maybe next week if Monty is okay with that.

On the brighter side the parking lot was full of small schools of peanut bunker. No signs of bass or blue in the parking lot...Dark I know you will ask me that...
    You went out on a boat???
    Next 2 Sat. nights I plan on heading out there, any time you want to go is fine.

Dark is always looking for bait anywhere the water is 3" or deeper, best to keep him in the loop or he tends to go medieval if someone withholds info (be it in a parking lot or cove).
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Dark is always looking for bait anywhere the water is 3" or deeper, best to keep him in the loop or he tends to go medieval if someone withholds info (be it in a parking lot or cove.
    Because he is a master-Baiter.
    Sorry Rich couldn't help it he teed it up and I had to take the swing! We don't want you to forget where you came from, bud.
    JB nice peanut bunker video. Looks like higher tide and clean water was that on the incoming? You def can see the peanuts at the 1:00 mark

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    Looks like higher tide and clean water was that on the incoming?
    Pretty good water quality out there today could see the bottom in 2-3ft of water in the marina. This was the end of the incoming tide in the RB or very close to it around noon today.

Monty, I'll call you during the week. Next week sounds good to me. I have a feeling your going to break the curse free tonight.

Got out in somoco near the inlet this morning. Got one cocktail blue in the ocean as the sun came up. Ava with green tail. Surf is beautiful looks like it is cleaning up. There were a bunch of guys standing at the inlet rocks casting but I didn't see them catch anything. Had to leave because of church. Hope they get lucky it did seem like a lot of them.

I'm back did you guys miss me? Work has been crazy busy. I was in massachusetts with the wife over the holiday visiting her family. They have been catching some small stripers up there on the Cape beaches. From what I heard they had a pretty good run of bigger fish about a month ago. Pretty strange for August!
    Fished Nomoco last night on the incoming tide.surprisingly crowded. Found a spot that was a little less crowded and picked away at the bass, catching and releasing 4 shorties. Mag darter and yellow SP did the trick. There was lots of bait in the water. It felt like a perfect fall night with slight northwest wind.

Great reports guys glad to finally see some action! jb that was a cool vid thanks for sharing. blazing you got that fluke on a yozuri? Awesome,which one? thanks

Way to go dudes. Went down to no mo co this morning. There was a lot of people on the beach. Casted a small diamond jig for the blues and whatever else was biting. Got one small fluke on that and nothing else. I did see some blues but they were way too far out to cast too past where the water was rough. Great beautiful day out there hope you all enjoy it.

You really don't know what you're in for. Monty is like a freaking fishing machine. I got $5 that says you ask to take a break after the first hour of walking at the warp speed that Monty moves at....(unless he feels sorry for ya and ramps it down from his normal 78 RPM)

I fished on my friend's boat this morning. Forecast was 5-10mph winds with gusts to 15mph. Turned out to be 15-25+mph sustained when we got there but we decided to go anyway.
    We got beat up all day and the drift was way too fast us googs forgot the drift sock at home.

Got two hook ups that I dropped and that was it for the day...besides a good beating from 3-4fters in the bay. No signs of bass or blue in the parking lot...Dark I know you will ask me that...
    I know ya think I bust you a lot.....maybe.........because ya remind me of me when I was your age.......I don't mind helping ya....but still have to bust ya along the way........
    I will say you 2 have my respect and admiration for that trip....on most of the hardcore boating sites....the guys sat it out...saying conditions were too tough for them.......and you 2 mooks said effumall and were out there in the bay anyway.......hardcore....

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    Because he is a master-Baiter.
    Sorry Rich couldn't help it he teed it up and I had to take the swing! We don't want you to forget where you came from, bud.
    And I am so grateful for mooks and good friends like you....to help keep it real for me....
    After all...."I'm just a Goog with a white bucket..."...thanks for the laughs, pal.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast