Seamonkey and John...., Some have described the turnouts statewide as "encouraging". I'm known for my candid opinions and would never say that. The usual public attendance for many fisheries management meetings is disappointing. Here, with the most historic cuts proposed in the last 10 years, which could significantly affect the income of Charter and Party Boats and their futures, there was relatively little attendance by them, and the Recs.....

It's puzzling why so little are participating, especially when they have so much to lose....You almost wonder if there haven't already been back room meetings where deals have been made as to provide a specific outcome for the Party and Charter boats.....

That's one of the reasons, why, against my better judgement I voted for B7. I would much more prefer a 1 fish at 28" limit which the RFA is currently lobbying for. This fishery is in far greater trouble than most folks realize. I strongly believe that current biomass figures are optimistic. We are harvesting them faster than they can reproduce....this is the very definition of "overfishing".
So while they are not "overfished" on paper, I contend it's quite possible that they are....fisheries managers, and a small % of Charter and Party Boat Capts... don't want to admit it.....but the proposed cuts tell of a far more drastic reality then is being stated.

However, I don't want to see anyone go out of business, and that includes the Charter Capts and folks who I have been battling on the internet. That's why we all tried to come together to find a solution that might work for everyone.

That, people, whether you like it or not...is how things get done with the political process....and why we sometimes have to compromise and get half of what we want...if we are to get anything at all......