It was a needed dose of humility for me.....
To further that, I noticed the seat of his wheelchair was covered in diarrhea and urine.....the stench was so bad....I knew there was not much I could do....this guy needed a real bath.....and clothes laundered.....but there was no way he would consider that...he already told me he had no interest in the shelter....which I would have gladly brought him to........

I got some cleaning rags out of my trunk....brought them to the chair, and wiped the seat down....so he would not have to go back and sit in feces and urine.....

He at first resisted...."Man I don't NEED YOUR HELP! I can do it myself!"....so I knew it was pushing it a little ...did it quickly, and diplomatically told him I would be done in a flash, asked for his patience....

He ended up thanking me.....told me his name.......
I drove away really disappointed with myself, that I had let my petty problems, which had seemed large to me, ever-present for the last 90 days....get to me....and eff with my mood and outlook......

I have a good education...many talents and skills....tremendous potential.....I've never doubted my abilities to succeed, and determination to not let the speed bumps of life get me down.....

It gave me what I needed....a renewed sense of humility....and a resolve to keep trying, keep up the diligence...until I'm in a better place.......