Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead stuff found while fishing (beware gross picture)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post

On a side note, I have never seen so many dead Striped Bass in an area. Something is wrong out on the Island. And its with certain people I am thinking.
    Well you got me beat. I fished this morning before sunrise. The water was clean and the beach was spotless. Hardly any trash either. Seems a lot of people aren't fishing. What are those guys in long guyland doing out there. filleting shorts on the beach? That's a lot, it sucks to see. Nice finds anyway

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    ????

What did you say??
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

^^^^ Post right above yours, dude.

^^^^ Post right above yours, dude.

Was a very crazy morning. Way to much dead stuff. Thinking there are commercial boats responsible for a lot of dead bass there.

I don't want to hex your trips but I am failing big time here. Last night nothing. Last 2 trips nothing. In a dead thing slump. Anyone know what vehicle Monty drives? May have to find out and put a GPS tracker on it!

Fishing was slow last night so i went on a dead things hunt...That was slow too just 1 skate and all the dead spearing on the beach
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20141026_212302.jpg   20141026_215953.jpg  

Nice going blazin. I walked the beach a bit on the way back last night and could not find a thing. Still in a dead thing slump. By the time I get back in the swing of things I'm going to need something big like a whale or seal to get back to the top lol.

Thanks Steve

Only dead thing last night was a snapper i happened to see in the dark!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20141031_230017.jpg  

Nice going blazin. I walked the beach a bit on the way back last night and could not find a thing. Still in a dead thing slump. By the time I get back in the swing of things I'm going to need something big like a whale or seal to get back to the top lol.
    I am in a bit of a dead things slump too. Nice C and R on that Bass

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post

Only dead thing last night was a snapper i happened to see in the dark!
    Way to keep picking up a dead thing here and there

Found on this mornings walk.

To the top for the dead things thread. So you guys can see some of my effort. Look forward to the competition this year. Anyone else is welcome. You will have to put in some work to beat me though.

To the top for the dead things thread. So you guys can see some of my effort. Look forward to the competition this year. Anyone else is welcome. You will have to put in some work to beat me though.
    Here is your best day for dead things in 2014 vs my best day for dead things for 2014.....both impressive.

Your pics of that day

My pics (note the action pics of bird picking at carcass )

My pics (note the action pics of bird picking at carcass )
    Dude with all due respect you are off your rocker!
    I looked at your pics and found a lot of little itsy bitty pieces of bones. Look at my pics they are all solid fish and DIFFERENT fish. There were about 30 dead fish on the beach that day and I managed to take pics of each one. Your pics could have been busted up and been the part of one or 2 fish after the birds got to them! Even the seagull and his pals could have been the culprits.
    No sir I am definitely the winner in this one in terms of quality and actual dead things not just body parts. Well Im not looking to fight just wanted to wish you success for this year. I will not be holding back. Look forward to some healthy competition!

Dude with all due respect you are off your rocker!
    I looked at your pics and found a lot of little itsy bitty pieces of bones. Look at my pics they are all solid fish and DIFFERENT fish. There were about 30 dead fish on the beach that day and I managed to take pics of each one. Your pics could have been busted up and been the part of one or 2 fish after the birds got to them! Even the seagull and his pals could have been the culprits.
    No sir I am definitely the winner in this one in terms of quality and actual dead things not just body parts. Well Im not looking to fight just wanted to wish you success for this year. I will not be holding back. Look forward to some healthy competition!
    Looking forward to a good competition to in 2015 too, I think you fell off and lost your rocker in 2013,
    I think the comparison of those 2 days is close, the "action shots" usually score pretty high. You certainly have the poundage.

Whose going to be the first to take a pic of a dead thing? I haven't found one yet. monty? storminsteve? bueller?

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Whose going to be the first to take a pic of a dead thing? I haven't found one yet. monty? storminsteve? bueller?
    I'm having a difficult time getting out there now. This thing called work is getting in the way. Early May things should pick up big time (stuff just dies in May (that old saying "April showers bring May Dead Stuff )).

Agreed. we need a couple good noreasters to tear stuff up and wash those dead creatures up on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    already my fans await! Yes thank you dude. I will be the first this year. I'm going out friday night. i will spend 3 hours fishing and 3 hours scouting dead things. If I can't find them in one place I will drive to another. One of us has to take the reins here. It might as well be me.

I'm having a difficult time getting out there now. This thing called work is getting in the way. Early May things should pick up big time (stuff just dies in May (that old saying "April showers bring May Dead Stuff )).
    If you're having a hard time getting out I could always spot you a week or two. lmk if you want me to hold back on my scouting. Don't want to leave you too far behind in the dust this year.

Hope you don'[t get too far ahead of yourself with that trophy stormin steve. I have been reading this thread. One of my favorite threads on the site. will try to find some stuff too. Good luck to all the s&a dead things finders!

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast