Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
O for 2 trips for 2015 so far. I should be in decent shape physically if I ever catch a fish again.
May head out front next trip, miss the white water......my bath tub has more wave action than the sound.
Decent sunrise.

The sound is different than other places to the south. You have the western shores which are very congested and urban. Little Neck Bay for example. great early season spot. Also can get very crowded and filled wth trash. The further east you go the less riff raff you will find. It is very peaceful fishing but all about the small bait. When the spearing and rainfish move through the fish move through with them. Also the cinder worm hatches can be exciting and frustrating unless you are a fly fisherman. Try not to think too much about white water. Think moving water current and structure. All those will help you. Enjoyed the report. I started fishing the sshore last week and have pulled in a few schoolies on buck and pork so far. I will not drive north to the sound till mid may. Maybe try one of the inlets next time. good luck