Quote Originally Posted by hookedonbass View Post
I guess they really do work for you. I gave them a try once caught a lot of snapper blues. I didn't realize they were that good. Maybe I should have moved somewhere else? That is a beautiful king fish congrats to the angler.
fishing for kings is always a manner of finding the active fish. A few years in a row we will get a mass of spot that wipes out the kingfishing since you will get a spot aggresively hitting, in other places like you found it will be snappers. Sometimes the doggies are too thick. But the trick is to find where the kings are predominantly feeding, sometimes at your feet, other times on some unseen bar out deep.

Fishbites work with the warmer water temps, if it's cool then bloodworms outfish them significantly. One thing to note, having had spot in a tank at home, these fish, and I suspect dogs, kings and others, can definitely *smell* the offering. So, fresh is best and that's why the comment on changing mungy looking worm pieces to outfish others. Sometimes, the fishbites will lower the doggie bites, while worms will get a dog on every cast.

So, you have to experiment!