Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
There was white water....a nice chop to the surface...conditions that Monty and others usually drool over.....
Midway through the flood tide....the areas should have been filled with small bass looking to feast on all the bait....

Every single area that I stopped at....has produced bass for me at this time in October....in the past....

Cast after cast produced nothing....working all levels of the water column....could not even get a sluggo chopped in half as I worked them and different sizes of rubber/metals/teasers and bucktails as well.....

Frustration building......Finally managed one lucky bass on the small polaris popper....
I felt there was no skill involved in catching that bass as it was the only one........
Can't even claim to have "missed a few".....
I hear you on that dark. The level of fishing is nothing like it used to be. When we see folks congratulating each other on the internet for catching 26" bass you know things are very different. Nothing like the old days, eh? As you said it is what it is. I used to spend all night fishing when I was younger and the fish were measured in pounds not inches. I have gotten too old for that. I'm happy to get a little action in now. That and the walk on the beach helps keep me healthy. Twas good to see you got out fishing again. Your reports were missed. Tight lines.