Thread: Why are there no fish in Montauk right now?

Hybrid View

Bill Wetzel talks Montauk October 21,2015

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Thanks for posting that. Heard he is like a expert. Anyone know how much he charges for a guided trip up there? thanks

Gill nettters in Montauk banged most of the fish.No bass around.blues have become small compared to last week jigging.The fish that are in the surf you are going to work your *** off for it's just not what it used to be they are wiped out...History has repeated itself.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Bill promoting his services rumor has it he has stated to his close friends for all intensive purposes its over fish are gone from there

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Sat Oct 24
    Night Striped Bass
    Captain Carl reports another dismal night of striped bass fishing. We had no bites and no fish brought onboard.

^^^ Wow just wow for the longest time I thought fishing montauk for night striped bass was a lock. Guess not. That really sucks.

2015 has to go down as one of the worst years ever for fishing Montauk. I'm happy to hear Bill is finding bass. I have found some but it is an insane amount of work. Definitely not a normal fall. I have been fishing further west. Much more consistent.

I never thought I would see this. viking is done with stripers for the season.
    "Night striped bass Full Moon Special

Captain Carl reports a very slow night of striped bass. We had no bites which meant no bass. Unfortunately we are done striped bass fishing for the season. Keep an eye on our website for added trips for the end of the year."