Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tournament results, and what they tell us

When I see these numbers I have to keep reminding myself that they are in INCHES not pounds.

Truly sad numbers for a whole weeks worth of fishing.

It is nice to have something to shut up the Facebook sharpies who are killing them every day until a tourney starts...

I might sign up for this one next year. Big fan of the C & R format

The recent Golden Nugget beach and boat tournament standings and results. It says a 7 lb striper won in the bass division and a 1.6lb blue won the bluefish division.
    https://beachnboat.com/events/golden.../leader-board/

pitiful

I read a report the other day where a charter guy was talking about how there are plenty of local fish. I guess maybe he was exaggerating a bit?

I think it's the same as saying you should have been here yesterday. If they are not catching they can always say they read them on the fishfinder. You can't prove it either way unless they are hooking and bring them up. jmo

I heard a 9# fish just won the Jersey coast tournament this tells me stripers are in really bad shape

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    this tells me stripers are in really bad shape
    Finchaser you are mistaken. The cows are all over! If its on the internet it must be true!

^^^^^^ Oh yeah absolutely. Especially fb. This weekend I read on this guy's page that because the year of the young for 2015 was best ever the stripers were great shape. Everyone can stop worrying now. by next year there will be so many cows in the rivers they will outnumber the other fish.

Time for some of you guys to get a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    I heard a 9# fish just won the Jersey coast tournament this tells me stripers are in really bad shape
    Confirmed and there was no 2nd or 3rd with 18 boats

does anyone have the results of the hrfa tourney yesterday. At least 300 guys in Island Beach. They should of crushed it with all those guys out there? I hope someone killed it last night.

They didn't Grumpy's only had 2 weigh in's. action was in southern Monmouth and ocean first light

I agree. Looks like b&n only had 3 weigh ins. grumpys had more but I heard most were from boats. so they probably had only 2 or 3 weigh ins from the surf.
    Things got better in the afternoon. Overall though I would say the HRFA tourney was not that successful in terms of keepers caught. They were dealt a poor hand yesterday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12