Thread: Seabright

Default Seabright

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I have a solution get the army corps engineers to go and fill it with sand and pay the contractors 50 million to do it. Then when the hurricanes wipe it away do it all over again for another 50 million. Thats what they do in cape may and up by you guys. Buesiness as usual.

Wow that's a way too skinny beach.

I think they should look at all the dredging and replenishment they are doing further south and study if that is really being effective. Sand building up at sandy hook. Sand being lost just down the road in sea bright. It doesn't seem logical. They have millions of dollars to throw at solutions that don't work. Maybe they should just go back to jetties. my .02.

Don't want to see any ones homes destroyed, but if taking away the jetties were to show more significant damage to the homes than when the jetties were there maybe they would be forced to try to put them back. If the coast was breached in a hurricane like in the mantoloking bridge or that area in long island, even better. jmo

You make a good point. Didn't that used to be just a seawall back in the old days? They tried to mess with mother nature and seems it is a losing battle.