Quote Originally Posted by surfwalker View Post
I think I posted this on one of my very posts on this site.

I just enjoy everything about walking the wetline. I love the very early walks, the casting and anticipation of the next cast, the changing of plugs, the hit, the strike, the drag singing, the bend in the rod, the play of the Bass and the beaching. And then the attempt to do it all over again on the next cast or the hundredth cast.

It's just a feeling that I have for plugging. To fool maybe one solitary Bass after walking and casting countless hours in the dark. Knowing what should work for success but comes up empty and then going against what was once taught in order to attain that success.

The constant trying for that success, thinking you have it all figured out, but the learning aspect just continues.

Is it the rush when your reeling stops dead with a decent hit? Is it the accomplishment of that correct plug? Is it just seeing Stripes? It's all these things to me and more. I just enjoy the hell outta it. My escape, my shot in the arm, my peace and enjoyment.

The early season I do bring salted clams with me. The water is still cool out front, the Bass are mostly lethargic and not aggressive. But once I catch on a clam, I'm looking to see if they are holding or traveling. Either way, I switch over to a plugging leader and toss plugs, it's too hard for me to resist.

Many hours for me have gone Bassless, but it was never a waste of time or boring, it was enjoyed as if it was my first time out . The anticipation keeps me coming back.

Happy Trails
+1