Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Jan-Mar 2016

Fished out front for sunrise today and about and hour after. Very calm water, outgoing tide. Saw some birds working way out. Bucktails, shads, and plugs. Nothing for me. Still a good morning to be out there before the storm.

Back from Florida
    Recap caught snook and other reef fish

Weather was hot very windy hard to get out into the ocean water warmed up from 65 to 75 since I was there 3 weeks ago

Water in St, Lucy and Indian rivers is extremely dirty and semi polluted since the Army Corp of Morons drained 4.4 billions gallons of fresh water from Lake Occachobie into them instead of into the Everglades which has a drought do to farms pumping out 74,000 gallons a minute for irrigation.

So the aqua water that is usually around Stuart inlet is now like mud to 4 miles out on the out going tide so as usual what ever the ACOE are involved in turns to SH_T

Blue fish are still down there some of the surf guys caught them on incoming when water cleaned up a tad

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Back from Florida
    Recap caught snook and other reef fish

Weather was hot very windy hard to get out into the ocean water warmed up from 65 to 75 since I was there 3 weeks ago

Blue fish are still down there some of the surf guys caught them on incoming when water cleaned up a tad
    Welcome back Fin, nice to see you were into some fish.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Sounds like a good time in FLA fin!! Those bastards in the ACOE ruin things were ever they go!!!!!

Good to see you back finchaser. There was a meeting last wednesday about a proposed nms. Hope we can count on your support.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...anctuary/page2

Welcome back sir. Glad to hear you got some fishing in. There was talk of you being down there just to ogle the spring break girls. Do you have any bikini or fish pics for us? Hope you and dark will be getting along this time. If not we'll have to put you two into an arena, Ben Hur style.

Just a matter of days, gentlemen. That storm turned out to be a dud and shouldn't affect water temps that much. It's been in the mid 40's, ocean and bay. Time for the striped catfish to start nosing in the mud. I'm psyched.

Here you go SS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1585.jpg   IMG_1584.jpg  

IMG_1582.jpg   IMG_1583.jpg  

IMG_1559.jpg   FullSizeRender.jpg  

Nice going finchaser, slightly jealous. Nice snook there. What was the plug that he hit?

Fishing report, fished the back in oc this morning. Wind was pretty sucky. caught nada. Water is pretty warm fellas get out there they be a stirring.

great catches thanks for sharing. Fish id for the one on the top left with the yellow tail? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    great catches thanks for sharing. Fish id for the one on the top left with the yellow tail? thanks
    Lane Snapper the one in rag is a Vermillion snapper and the brightly colored one is a queen trigger fish

Nice job you really laid a hammering on those fish. Thanks for sharing it's good so see some fish pics while we wait for the stripers.

Nice going and good job. Thanks for sharing finchaser. Will be out there this weekend hoping for an early season resident.

Fished 3 1/2 hrs last night around the moon tides. Picked up 4 shorts on clams. All in the same 1/2 hour period. Still a little slow out there. With the warmer water things should be heating up soon.

finchaser nice job on the fish.

Thanks guys, when are we all meeting for a beer winter is almost over . Yeah I know its spring

I'm at GGR near Laurence Harbor now watching the dollar parade of girls walking by. Come on up and I'll buy you a beer and we can watch the boobies Shake. In about a half hour getting ready to go out and fish high tide if no one comes out to drink with me. That goes for you too dark you clam eater, wherever you are.

Gotta give it to you man you are out there in all kinds of weather! Did you end up fishing last night or just stay and watch the go go chicks?
    I fished OC, from 8-12 on the incomming tide. There was lots of bait everywhere. Spearing and such. I heard fish popping on them but not one would take my offering! Threw the sp, bombers, and small plugs and could not get a hit. Very frustrating. Back again after the rain.

Happy easter to all the guys here and their families.

Fished last night got the cold skunk dance. My wife doesn't trust me out there for hours at a time. Hopefully soon I can catch some stripers to prove her wrong.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast