Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2016

moco, a slow pick of larger bluefish to 12 pounds this morning. Really had to work for them and for me metal was the ticket. Everything died when the sun got bright.

Nice going on the big blues. I had some fantastic bluefish catching this morning in monco. All on metal. These were from 2-8 lbs. One older dude was out fishing us all using worms. He got the only stripers. I was so curious I had to go and ask.

Skunked in SNJ looking for the big bass just hasn't had the same magic as last few years at least not yet. There is one bite going on where teen and twenty pounders are coming into some lights but a local tackle shop has blown it to hell, the only places to stand were shoulder to shoulder literally, and i saw about 10 large ones laying for all to see and have more stop and fish. A guy coming off said they are all casting so wildly not even looking. Social media has really been a game changer for the people formerly not in the know.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Skunked in SNJ looking for the big bass just hasn't had the same magic as last few years at least not yet. There is one bite going on where teen and twenty pounders are coming into some lights but a local tackle shop has blown it to hell, the only places to stand were shoulder to shoulder literally, and i saw about 10 large ones laying for all to see and have more stop and fish. A guy coming off said they are all casting so wildly not even looking. Social media has really been a game changer for the people formerly not in the know.
    Couldn't agree with you more social media chest pounders and bunker will wipe them out in short order

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

this morning got 2 bass and 3 blues all on bucktail and otter tails

It still amazes me how any fish can find a lure in such heavily stained water. Last Sunday I couldn't see my lure 2" under the water. When I took the walk out to the beach I could swear it was already "unfishable" and would take a day or two to clean up. About five minutes in I hook up to a bluefish and all of a sudden I remembered why I was standing there casting into 30mph winds! I ended the day with 6 bluefish...not as many as I was looking for but can't complain considering the poor conditions.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160508_1505594402.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by hookedonbass View Post
    One older dude was out fishing us all using worms. He got the only stripers. I was so curious I had to go and ask.
    Yup, when the water is colder it's an old-school tactic that works for me. At least you had the courage to come up and try to learn. There were a few other guys- you know that type- vs reels fancy waders all dressed up in style, but no substance or knowledge and how to catch fish. They kept walking by me staring, because it was killing them that I was catching stripers while they only got blue fish.
    If I would have known you were a stripers and anglers member I would have given you one of my set ups and one or two worms.
    Nice talking to you, tight lines.

went fishing three times in the last week. Cape May County. Finally managed 1 37 inch striper on bunker chunks.and a heck of a lot of skates and dogfish as well.

Nice going gents. led you sound like a good dude. Good karma to you.

Two of us checked a few spots in OC this morning and after coming up empty, we decided to try a few spots in MOCO. First stop we saw some bunker and had a decent pick of blues 10 - 15 lbs. for 1 1/2 hours. Next stop the bunker were pinned to the beach and 12 - 15 lb blues were tearing them up. For the next 3 1/2 hours it was non stop action. Popping plugs worked best, but also caught fish on metal and bombers. Stopped at one more spot on the way home and plugged for awhile and only caught one micro bass.

Nice!!

Fished Island Beach early sunrise yesterday morning. There was a good amount of activity early and then it died out quickly. Blue fish on poppers.

Nice work, fellas. The next time I can get out is this weekend, so really enjoying reading the reports.

OC early am. Not much time to fish had to do quick hit and run before I went to work. skunk for me, but there were some bunker and fish busting way far out. Hope you guys got into them.

Back to my usual walk in moco in the morning. Outgoing tide for two hours, two short bass on bucktail and pork.

Also wanted to add that in my area, they seem to be feeding on small bait. So downsize your offering and you may be able to catch a few more bass.

So moco 5-6. Nada.

Props to the fellas who caught today.

4 bass to 30" this morning all on jig head and rubber all released

Good going, how heavy a jig were you using?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast