I saw a lot of guys leaving the beach yesterday when the bite slowed down during slack tide. The fish were picky, yes. Even the blues. But to have an activity level, during slack, is almost unheard of, unless there is a lot of bait and fish in the area.

A few old timers and I continued to catch fish, a slow pick, unhooking and releasing them quickly when w brought them in so as not to telegraph that we were catching.

Your success as a fisherman, long-term....depends on your ability to recognize certain bait patterns and conditions,. Adapt when necessary, hunt for the best conditions where fish are most likely to be, and exploit those conditions to your favor when you sense a good bite might develop.

This took years for me to learn...through many depressing times when I failed......failure is a good thing, IMO, because it forces you to think critically about what you are doing.....

It amazes me that a lot of modern fishermen, are content to skip this process, by chasing internet reports...or asking for directions to the best bite on social media.
By taking these shortcuts, you can't achieve your full potential as a fisherman, because you won't be able to recognize when you should stay in one area, because a bite is about to develop...
or leave and go to another area, because the bite is truly over....
because conditions have changed...
Just my thoughts....