Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
I want to commend Roddy for maintaining this thread through the years. He's one of the legends in his area.....but it's nice to see him sharing the spotlight.... and some of his techniques and successes, along with sharing about such legends as Malibu Kenny, and some other old timers he has fished with.....

Any of the new guys...who are looking to learn.....you could learn a lot by reviewing some of the posts in here.....Roddy catches fish when many others have thrown in the towel.......there's something to be learned from that determination and persistence...
We have a lot to thank him for....for unselfishly sharing.......Thanks Roddy and best of Health to you and your wife Sandy.
thanks so much for the kind words Dark.
it is not easy doing this thing we do in NW winds cranking at you and bucking the tide,waiting for that bump or tap and then being cold and still persisting to stay out there and catch and then do it all over again the next night.
2 more weeks and it will be start up time for me,herring are around and that's all it takes as long as the water temp is not below 40F.
I encourage all of us here to share a shot of their spoils,no need to burn your spot.

RP