Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: NJ fishing Reports January-March 2017

Think this is the last of the artic weather. By Monday we are supposed to be back in the 60's again.

Gave it a try today for an hour in Moco. There were a lot of guys out in different places but I didn't see much going on. Heard of a few tiny stripers caught on blood worms and that was it. Zilch for me.
    It was still good to get out there anyway.

Nice going. Thank you for the report. It's only a matter of time

Time for a schoolie report. Got some runts in moco yesterday late afternoon. Today went in the morning and picked up a few more. White storm shads. Out front. Nothing big, though they are there if you want to work for them.

Great to hear. Thanks for the intel.

Good going hook. I managed to escape the wife's honey do list yesterday for a few hours. A little North of my usual haunts. Picked up a handful of shorts on a bucktail with white curly grub.

Thanks. I was getting blanked last week in the surf, so these fish must have just shown up.

Hook is right!! Got out yesterday..Have no confidence in the back right now still think it needs some warming up and steady Temps to get good..So I hit the front and jumped on some rocks..Great looking water,perfect clean white BT water..NE was blowing good but fishable..Fished from 12-3pm..Lil guys were still there like they have been all winter... ended my day with 20+ healthy schoolies most 16-18in a few 20in mixed in..Managed 10 off the rocks u til it got a little too "sporty" out there..was glad I put new studs on my korkers took a few very cold waves to the chest and back lol..Moved to the pocket with the incoming tide and it was 1 right after the other for 40 mins picked up 13 they all hit the new bone colored 4in magdarter...BT,white teaser and white paddle tail was working from the rocks...All these fish were jacked up from the NE and the white water..Fun afternoon..

1 of the little guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170326_143628-459x816.jpg  

Great news. Wish we had those fish in Cape May, I would be out there fishing instead of surfing. It is warming up a little bit. Still recommend wearing a wetsuit when you're near that water because it is only about 42 degrees. Taking a wave to the face can ruin your day quick LOL. Definitely appreciate the reports, congrats gents.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post

some fine looking raccoon perch and them jacks look so healthy.lmb are all looking good too.
    very good job right there!
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

Nice going.

Good work fellas. Fished the top of the tide last night in the back in OC. Picked up a few shorts on rubber. Lots of very small stripers around this year.

Couple of runts last night in the back, deep in the night. Small black mag darter twitched slowly. Damn windy!

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Good work fellas. Fished the top of the tide last night in the back in OC. Picked up a few shorts on rubber. Lots of very small stripers around this year.
    Nice

Good action for us past few nights back bay on clams. double digits of stripes. Mostly small, only a few keepers. NE last night was'
    the ticket.

Good times again last nite. My crew and I got a few shorties and 2 keeps between the 3 of us. Clams. Not as good as the other nights, still respectable. Before the rain started.

Have been following your posts since I joined. You guys really do catch a lot. Also see you put a lot of time in. Thanks for sharing the info, good luck. Hope to run into you one night. Tight lines.

Good going. way to put in the work.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567