Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ask monty (aka WWM)

Maybe it's magical sand?

It has Lucky Charms in it.

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    Hope I'm not causing trouble but you say jersey has no rock piles and that's why you don't fish here. Where are the rock piles and jetties in that photo?
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    +1, would like to know where the rocks are at. I thought you were s rock hopping dude. That pic you posted could be any beach. What's so special about the sand in that pic?
    Quote Originally Posted by lostatsea View Post
    Maybe it's magical sand?
    Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    OK, I know you Jersey guys see a sand beach, and because all your beach replenishment you immediately think its all flat, no structure. And in Jersey, your mostly right. But on LI, its different. For instance, just down the beach from that pic is this:

Cool page here about that pic and how it changes:
    http://po.msrc.sunysb.edu/GSB/

And here are some pics I took of the LI structure (I don't do jettys).

Rips on a sand beach

Nice surf

Hate when the sun starts to show

Here is another ex-LI S and A member fishing a sandy beach with.......wait for it.......................STRUCTURE

A little LI white water

This is what a cove looks like.....

The bluffs are awesome

Sun rise on the Island

Another one of those things they call a cove
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Wow so many words to justify. Almost thought I was reading a DS post.

Quote Originally Posted by lostatsea View Post
    Maybe it's magical sand?
    Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    I like the above explanations better. Magical sand, brilliant.

There is a lot of structure here on LI. Perhaps if you guys spent a night fishing the North Shore you would see. I didn't see any North Shore photos in the post, but it is a beautiful place. Limited access, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    I like the above explanations better. Magical sand, brilliant.
    When was the last time you fished from the sand?
    While the sand is not technically magical. Long Island certainly is.

Sorry dude unless you're talking about the white or colored sand in some of the tropics destinations, sand is just sand. I don't see how any place is more magical than another. I haven't fished the sand in a while. Usually mostly do it in the fall when you can walk down to the blitzing fish. Used to follow the finchaser reports and was waiting for the ramp up of the finchaser hotline. That would have made it worth it to fish the beach. Otherwise, why bother? A boat is much better. You can pilot a boat anywhere. Can't find stripers or fluke? No problem, just start up the motor and go somewhere else! I have trouble understanding surf fishing, which is really surf walking for most of you guys. LOL. A boat is much more efficient. My .02

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Sorry dude unless you're talking about the white or colored sand in some of the tropics destinations, sand is just sand. I don't see how any place is more magical than another. I haven't fished the sand in a while. Usually mostly do it in the fall when you can walk down to the blitzing fish. Used to follow the finchaser reports and was waiting for the ramp up of the finchaser hotline. That would have made it worth it to fish the beach. Otherwise, why bother? A boat is much better. You can pilot a boat anywhere. Can't find stripers or fluke? No problem, just start up the motor and go somewhere else! I have trouble understanding surf fishing, which is really surf walking for most of you guys. LOL. A boat is much more efficient. My .02
    We just fish for different reasons. I thoroughly enjoy putting in the effort walking the beach and climbing rocks trying to catch bass and blues. If it was easy and I caught all the time without any effort I would surely find something else to do. I enjoy the complete experience out there.

The adrenaline rush I get every time I walk down this path at 2:00 AM is incredible.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456