Thread: Feels like fall out right now. 68 degrees and cool breeze

Default Feels like fall out right now. 68 degrees and cool breeze

will this shut down the fish?

Default Re: Feels like fall out right now. 68 degrees and cool breeze

That depends on whether you are talking ocean or bayside. I don't see how it will have any affect at all on the ocean which was 74 degres last time I checked on nj surfer. The bays are more quick to heat up or cool down so it could bring the temperature down some. It will probably affect the fluking a little but who knows we might get some more bass or blues. Betty and nicks reported some guys caught bass in the barnegat inlet pocket today so keep your fingers crossed.

Confirmed on the b&n story I read that too. He said the guy was "into schoolie bass heavy at a23". I dunno a friend who fishes there every day said that guy got 6 fish. Doesn't sound like heavy fishing to me but whatever at least the guy caught, good for him.
    Rob, I say it won't affect the fishing and second what ledhead said about the fluke. Since we have the wind blowing ne without the rain it could kick the fishing up a notch too. my .02

good to hear. Thanks!

Awesome temps last night...70 degrees with a nice west wind to keep the bugs away.

^^^^^ Rob and John finally! Last night it went into the 60's by me. This morning when fishing it was in the low 60's as well. Fall is coming.

Fall is finally here. This morning the air temperature read 53 degrees when I set out. The water is warmer than that it may take a week and I didn't really do that great although I avoided the skunk. But fall is definitely in the air!

yes sir- my dash read 49 degrees as I headed to LBI- Got the sweatshirt on and splash jacket over top- LOVE IT!

The cool air temps are here. The bait is here. Someone forgot to tell the fish. The fishing so far is real spotty for me. Like tossing a coin each time though the odds are good.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Awesome temps last night...70 degrees with a nice west wind to keep the bugs away.
    The way it is today I wish it would stay forever. Come on fall!

Gonna be hot the rest of the week. Do agree tho, really like the change of seasons.