Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9/11 To all who helped ....

Quote Originally Posted by clamchucker View Post
    Bless all of them
    What clamchucker said.

Quote Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
    102 minutes that changed America.
    This may be graphic. ds and others I apologize if it is too much. It was in a documentary on the history channel. Never forget what these bastards did. It was a remarkable truimph of the American spirit that we were able to recover. RIP.

It feels like only yesterday...I was in the 8th grade going to school in Kearny. We had a clear view of the towers & NYC skyline from the top of the town.

How I can watch these videos now and actually understand the disaster that this was...

My family was there the Saturday before the towers were attacked. We wanted to go to the top but didn't because the other family we were with didn't want to wait in the long line. We had plans to go back on my birthday and go to the top (9/14).

Live life to the fullest and do what you enjoy now because if you wait it may be too late.

Thoughts and prayers to the thousand's of 9/11 victims, their families and all of the military members and their families who fight to defend us from another attack like this.

On this anniversary of the tragedy let us not forget what a great privelege it is to live in this country. Also not forget that there are terrorists out there who view that day as a victory. We are the best country in the world. Thoughts and prayers to all who perished that day. RIP

Hear, hear. Was listening on the radio yesterday how that group of brave hostages diverted the plane from the White House. They all died when the plane crashed in PA. May their memories always live on and their families know that we appreciate their sacrifices. Prayers for all.

Thank you for bringing this up. May they all rip.

X2 on the never forget. Read something on fb yesterday saying "I learned all I'll ever need to know about Islam on Sept 11". Eff those cowards. They should all burn in hell surrounded by gays.

Thoughts and prayers to our heroes. Soldiers and citizens too.

I have been busy and haven't had much time to post. I wanted to thank you all for posting your memories and thoughts.

I can still remember that day. It will probably stand out in my mind as long as I live. We were working in Kearny. Someone called and told me about the towers being hit. I thought they were playing a joke on me...until I stopped the truck and saw the towers burning........and the 2nd plane hit as well.....

It was a horrendous sight.....one that will be forever imprinted in my brain...
    In the weeks after, I tried to do what I could to help...but my efforts paled in comparison to what some out there did...they put themselves in grave health risk to search for the survivors and help identify the victims' bodies.....

14 years later, it seems like a long time ago ....To some of us it may seem like a distant memory...
    I was just telling a friend the other day...that in the year after that happened.....I sensed I was living in a new America....I was meeting people from all races and cultures that had a renewed sense of American Pride....
    It was a sad time for our country and the families of the victims....
    also a time when a lot of us took stock at how much we appreciated the opportunity to live in America today.........

The recent troubles on the other side of the world, the mass exodus out of Syria...that extremely sad picture of the 3 year old boy who washed up on that beach...with his 5 year old brother, and Mother, drowning as well......have hit home with me...

There is great sadness in the world....which most of us don't often get a chance to hear about....we take living in the US for granted....
    We take our safety for granted...
    We take our living conditions for granted...
    We assume that all the things we have today....we will have tomorrow....
    We take our soldiers for granted...although every week there are young kids..... US citizens, fresh out of boot camp...being killed in foreign countries......

So it's refreshing to me....that some of ya's took the time out to remember....
    what is sometimes so easy to forget......

We are very fortunate to live where we do....
    Boundless opportunities for families, safety, and a future....
    As mentioned.... our freedom isn't Free.....the blood of our citizens pays for part of it.....

Thanks for reading...and the remembrances....
    My deepest condolences and sympathies to those families who are still affected by losses from this fateful day....
    May God in his Mercy look upon you.....and in some way give you comfort to lessen your loss....Amen.....

On the 15th anniversary, may all the victims RIP.

Amen

Sorry I missed this. I lost a few friends that day as well. May we never forget how much people in other countries hate us and want to see us fail.Long live America. thoughts and prayers to all the families.

Remembering Sept 11, RIP to all who lost their lives.

Was just watching the memorial remembrances on the news, thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by nitestrikes View Post
    I lost a few friends that day as well. May we never forget how much people in other countries hate us and want to see us fail.Long live America. thoughts and prayers to all the families.
    Agree with this as well. Though it's been 16 years, there are terrorists who plan on our demise every year. Ever vigilant, ever watchful. Let's not let them win.

Thanks to all the first responders who helped. A lot of them came out ok but some have cancer and respiratory illnesses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12