Thread: NJ fishing reports for Nov 2017 www.stripersandanglers.com

Hybrid View

Got out of work early yesterday, started in moco at 1pm ended in occo at 4pm. Fished a little bit at each beach and moved on. I saw a total of 5 short stripers caught in random places during the whole time, It looked like some guys on boats were catchin, but not a lot. At the last place in occo figured it was "the spot" because there were literally 450 other guys shoulder to shoulder on the beach. I found a place to edge in, lol. I was so desperate for one striper. Out of that clusterf*ck of surf guys, right before dark one guy got a striper that was about a 40 incher or bigger, snag and drop. I got nothing, and at dark everyone left. Still waiting for the epic fishing I been hearing about.

Congratulations to all who caught. I figured the afternoon wold be good. Only spent an hour fishing Monmouth County 4-5pm. From what other fishermen said the fish have been coming in and out. Well not by me. Guess you have to be right there at the exact moment with a snag hook. Well done anyway and I will try again.

Nice going gents! Finally caught some stripers yesterday was at a mo co spot and no one was catching. At dusk they started hitting shads. 10 minutes of short striper activity I ended up with 3 to 22". some other fellas caught as well. woo hoo should I call it epic? Not! lol!

Well I broke down and chased the reports yesterday. Fished ocean county 8-3 near island beach. about a thousand other people as well. Never saw so many people on the beach in November in my entire life except for that one thanksgiving weekend when the sandeels were here. Absolute madness. About every 3rd guy was saying he heard about the great fishing on fb. Got skunked and saw 4 other fish caught the whole day. Hope some of you did better than I did.

Picked up a few shorties in an inlet before the rain last night. First part of the outgoing tide, rubber was all they would hit. One might have been just about 28". Released.

Nice job in finding em! I didn't get out till the afternoon yesterday. Moco up and down. Fished a few places but struggled with the wind. Then the rain started and I gave up because I was getting no hits anyway. May try later. Hoping the northwest will smooth things down a bit.

Fished somoco 6-7a. Windy and wet, sucked. Wanted to wait and see if there was a better chance but have to help the wifey today. Water looked dirty, did not look fishy at all when I was casting. With my luck it will blow up this afternoon or tomorrow when I'm working.