Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sandy - Storm Pictures and Videos....

Don't want to be a debbie downer. This weekend is the anniversary of hurricane Sandy. I hope we never see a storm that bad again in my lifetime. Had heard there are still some folks not back in their houses yet. Some of these pics are grim reminders.

^^^^^ Yup some friends of mind are still trying to work things out with fema. Fema sucks!

Very sorry to hear that dude thoughts and prayers that they get back on track.

Fema and scum contractors both s*ck.

There are a lot of low-lifes running around and causing people much grief.

I believe only about a third of the folks impacted are back in their homes... that may not be entirely accurate, but I do know its a substantial
    number of folks.

Sorry that's a bummer. I guess we tend to forget how bad it was. You go to the main areas of the shore and everything is nice and pretty again. We forget that those who live 2 miles away may still be waiting for permits to rebuild. It is not so nice and pretty once you get away from the brand new stores and houses on the boardwalks.

Quote Originally Posted by surfrob View Post
    Fema and scum contractors both s*ck.

There are a lot of low-lifes running around and causing people much grief.
    You said it. There are also people who tried to scam and said the houses were their main house when they were vacation houses. I heard of one guy, friend of a friend, who got 60k from them for rehab and he wasn't supposed to. They are coming after him and he has to pay it back. Actually I hope he gets jail time. People like that ruin it for others.
    There are a lot of scam artist contractors too.

Thanks for mentioning the sandy survivors. They are true survivors. Anyone who didn't have to go through that is blessed.

Yes there are still folks not back in their houses, and living in hotels. My family was lucky enough to escape that, t&p.

There was a pretty informative article posted online yesterday. does any one remember these pics?
    http://www.hakaimagazine.com/article...ng-go-paradise
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails before-after-barrier-islands.jpg   mantoloking-barrier-islands.jpg  

Yep for a while you had the new mantoloking inlet. Should have left it that way the bay would be cleaner today. jmo. These should remind people.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hurricane-sandy-insurance.jpg   121028_GALLERY_beatSandyObama.jpg  

Another aftermath of Sandy, they finally tore down the Mad Hatter in Sea Bright. Sad to see that go I've been there many times partying. hope they get approval for it a better building.
    http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf..._photos_v.html

A sobering reminder of that destruction. I remember trying to go down fishing near some of those houses and places in Seabright. It was terrible. That town really has come back, thanks for sharing.

Great thread. I have some friends who are still not back in there houses. Lets never forget the power of the sea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 32052432995.jpg  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234