Thread: NJ fishing reports may - june 2018

Hybrid View

Tryed the bay in monmouth county tonight. Decent conditions. I was casting a SP hoping for stripers or blues. Did manage to catch 4 blues to a 32 incher. That was after 2 hours of casting and missing! They were tough to catch. They would follow my lure in, and at the last second either swipe it or jump a bit out of the water. Then if they missed it they would turn away. Very frustrating!

Fish the park today 6 to 7 outgoing tide. One little runt on metal saved me from the skunk. Otherwise great conditions, crappy fishing.

Exactly what I was thinking last night! great out there, fishing was crappy! I fished moco with plugs and rubber shads from 7-10 till almost low tide. Got one hard hit on the sp minnow and I missed it! All these guys catching fish from the reports on the internet and social media. You couldn't tell it by my fishing lately. Saw one short striper caught and one average size blue. by guys using bait. Otherwise none of us on that beach were catching. Oh well there is always next time. Good luck this weekend everyone.

Fished my usual stretch of beach this morning. sunrise - 6:30, high water. 2 small stripers on jig and white grub. They seem to be feeding on the mole crabs, hit pretty close in the wash.

The same stretch of beach this morning. Fished 4-5am to beat the crowds. Managed 3 shorts this time, jig and white grub. As I was leaving saw lots of bunker offshore. Figured it might have brought some big stripers to the beach but it was not to be. Will take a few days off to avoid the crowds. Start fishing again after the weekend. Tight lines, be safe, and watch out for the drunk drivers.

Fished the incoming tide deep in the night in OC. Got a few blues, a few small stripes, and a barely legal fluke. All went back. Plugs and jigs. The incoming water seemed a lot cleaner than the outgoing, fwiw. Taking off tonight to avoid the googs and stoners.

Usual walk this morning. Crowds are gone. Managed one short on a bucktail and white grub. Water cleaned up, not bad to fish. Just not too many fish in the surf where I was.