Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wader stink

Default My stinky waders story

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    THESE THINGS WERE HORRID. The meat was grey dude. I don't mind clammin or fishing chunks. The smell doesn't bother me but, these things were bad. Tackle shop should be ashamed to sell these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    DS is this what made your waders stink

OK it's a little embarassing but who cares, it's all good even my stinky waders.

I was fishing with Finchaser last week. We took his van. I knew the waders stunk because I could detect a faint aroma, the kind you get when you go out fishin a lot, don't change out the waders, and the stink of perspiration and other substances lingers longer.

There was an aura of stink wafting around me. No wonder when we went in the WaWa to get some coffee the people behind us stood 10 feet away.

Finchaser was too diplomatic to say something at the time, or maybe he's so grouchy because he lost his sense of smell.

Anyway, the morning after his girlfriend gets in the van.

The first words out of her mouth were:
    "Whoa, what the heck is that horrible smell?
    Were you guys fishing bait last night?"

Fin:
    "Nope, that's Rich and his waders, he was sitting right there where you are..."

At that point I think she forced him to stop the van, and they had to sanitize and put blankets on the seat where I was sitting.

Does that seem embarassing?
    Maybe I need to wash those waders soon?

I hope there not neoprene waders good luck getting the smell out of those,are you getting even because Fin has the Saigon Slammer plug and you don't

^ Surfstix, I get even by eating keilbasa and sausage, and keeping the windows closed...
    and by posting more swan pics, he hates that....

X2, the more your waders stink the less guys you will have to try to mug you. I dont like company when I fish I'm there to hook something.

That must have been a really foul smell to be there in the am. Have you taken a shower yet?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieTuna View Post
    That must have been a really foul smell to be there in the am. Have you taken a shower yet?
    Hey I take offense to that Charlie!
    I take one once a week, whether I need it or not!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I was fishing with Finchaser last week. We took his van. I knew the waders stunk because I could detect a faint aroma, the kind you get when you go out fishin a lot, don't change out the waders, and the stink of perspiration and other substances lingers longer.

There was an aura of stink wafting around me. No wonder when we went in the WaWa to get some coffee the people behind us stood 10 feet away.
    Great stuff guys. I'm still rofl thinking about the definition of "faint aroma".
    You should post that up in the story of the month, Dark.

Default No more stinkin waders! hoo rah!

Bluesdude, thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll do that today.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...inchaser/page6
    Some folks may or may not know I've been fishin hard the last few days. I have leaky waders, haven't yet brought them back for replacements. My feet get wet, and there's a helluva lotta stink clouds hovering around me.

In fairness to Pebbles, for the weekends I scrub up good, and every day I wash my orifices and remember to change my underwear.

But there's a lotta things that I just ain't got time for, changing fresh socks, cleaning the smelly waders, etc. I've been sleeping in my car to get the ability to fish dual tides before work. I'm a real hobo, I tell ya, and smell like one...

So last night I went to see Finchaser to check on his progress from the operation.

I had my waders on, and had to take them and my wet moldy socks off in the garage.

I saw him gag as the pungent aroma of fish, sweat, assorted stink and foot odors wafted into his field of smell.

We then went into his kitchen to talk, and he had to open 2 windows, and put the super high-speed microwave vent fan on to be able to talk to me without affecting his blood pressure.

His girlfriend walked by us on her way downstairs. I saw her nose and face wrinkle in horror and distinctly heard her gasp for air as she walked past me.

So in a way I'm sorry for that Fin and Michelle, sorry for stinkin up your house. I know you probably had to have a cleaning crew in this morning to get rid of the stank.

But in a way, it ain't important, the fish are chowing and surf's up.

Fin is, after all, a ranking officer of the Effumall club, so I thought he would understand....
    Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Had to burn scented candles to kill the foul smell after I asked him to leave.I almost threw up when he came through the door from the smell coming off of him. If any one has ever smelt the bilge of a head boat imagine 2 times worse. I cant even imagine what his car must smell likePoor Pebbles

I finally replaced my waders at Cabelas 12-16.
    2011 should begin a new season of stink-free fishin.

Forget about celebrating the New Year......Those who have been privie to the "aroma" of your old waders will be toasting the new ones.

I finally replaced my waders at Cabelas 12-16.
    2011 should begin a new season of stink-free fishin.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

2011 should begin

I think the operative word here is "should"
    You know what they say, a leopard can't change his spots. Maybe dark likes the stink, eau de dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Forget about celebrating the New Year......Those who have been privie to the "aroma" of your old waders will be toasting the new ones.
    What he ^^^^^said hopefuuly he burnt the old ones at a dirty water location

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12