Thread: NJ fishing reports for June 1-15, 2009

Hybrid View

Default NJ fishing reports for June 1-15, 2009

Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING! Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED!
    Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
    OutFront (Ocean) OR -- OutBack (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. If you do this, your post may be edited, or deleted. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time!

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:

If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish here today?

If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
    More discussion on this:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.Even if you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well.

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
    NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
    SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
    IBSP - Island Beach State Park
    LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
    AI - Absecon Inlet
    CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
    CMC - Cape May County
    CMR - Cape May Rips
    GEI - Great Egg Inlet
    TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
    BB - Barnegat Bay
    CB - Chesapeake Bay
    CBBT - Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
    DB - Delaware Bay

************************************************** ************************************************** ******
    Chas527 you won the plug in the May random drawing!

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.

If you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well. Anyone who posts a report can win a plug even if they got skunked!

This month we're giving out plugs from Ace Baits.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...splay.php?f=83

PM me your info so I can send it out. Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!

was fishing the boat today, by the time we drove in, loaded the boat gased up we got to lavaltte at 7 30 to find over 200 boats and missed a bite which happened early (again) bunker in the area. Nothing doing, saved the day with a very good sea bass with some 3-4lbs and with a good amount of keepers and 2 short fluke.
    As far the stripers go, although some are around we seem to be in between schools with some hanging from the memorial weekend action. north hot spots seem kinda quiet too but I think it will heat up to very good to gonzo again soon perhaps.

I took a leisurely walk around Sandy Hook today. I decided to fish about midway, and caught 3 sea robins and one skate. On clams and bunker. It was truly a nice day even though I didn't have much success.

I fished island beach yesaterday with bunker. It was like a toxic waste dump. I did not see any fish caught except for a few skates. Myself, I caught one big skate, and one little skate. I might have to start eating skates, they are so abundant. Anyone got any skate recipes?

tried and tried to fish this weekend moco. the bunker were movin before first light, i snagged a few. then the dooooosh boat guys came along and put the schools down. everytime i thought it would be cool they showed up, and they cant even drive a lot of times i saw them drive over the schools, what tools! shark i hope you aren't one of those boat turds who put the schools down.

Outback last night slack and incoming tide... Fresh Bunker..... I landed a very long and skinny blue... My buddy June reeled in a monstrous bass that overlapped the drop net and ended up falling out and snapping the line when it fell back to the water..... He was highly pissed... He then managed to pull in a 34 Incher... His biggest to date and his 2nd keeper.... Fish was very healthy.... looked migratory by the nice shine it had
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails junejune.jpg  

Default outback vs ocean

Seems like more fish are outback as opposed to the ocean right now. Skunked twice in the ocean this week but picked up a few including this one outback last week. Anyone else have the same results??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fish.jpg  

Not been to good for me out front.
    2 nice fish last two Sundays ago and that was it for me.
    Nice one ya got there, what were you using?

Quote Originally Posted by eatonfish View Post
    Seems like more fish are outback as opposed to the ocean right now. Skunked twice in the ocean this week but picked up a few including this one outback last week. Anyone else have the same results??
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Fished MoCo from 7:00pm to 9:40pm. It was not like the day before. I got the big .

Same results here as well.... Out front had one great weekend and then it looks like the fish went into deeper water.

Very nice fish eatonfish! Welcome to the site! Did you get that using plugs or bait? I fished last nite by an inlet out front in ocean county. The water looked fishy, but I threw bombers and shads, only for the skunk to follow me home.

Hey Eatonfish what's up! Welcome aboard! I would agree that the back is the more consistent place for producing decent fish now.

However, the big girls are here in the front when you can get a break in the weather. A 53# was caught by a kid on the beach on Wed during a bunker blitz, and Wed night there were fish in the high 30's caught by guys blind casting, over and over. I was doin that too, but unfortunately didn't stick around long anough, quit at 9pm to go somewhere else.

Sometimes with us fishermen, we think the grass looks greener on the other side, and when we get there is isn't. But that's fishin for ya! Nice fish, wtg!

I fished the ocean last night, conditions were perfect. The light wind and rain were ideal when I started at 10pm, the waves washing in, and the peacefulness, made it like a paradise to me.
    Theres something about fishing the ocean at night that always appeals to me, it's where I draw upon for my serenity.
    I was the only one in the places I went until a guy came in to clam fish a few minutes before I left at 12:30 am.

Not even a tap as I worked some rockpiles, a few friends out had little luck also. I hope someone caught on plugs last night, though the water was a little cold, bunker/clams might have been a better choice.