I posted this earlier....lots of stuff going on in my life and it has been a very long time since I've been out there...too long......

Getting out there the other night....I had these thoughts...and thought I would share them here.....

simply going out there...breathing the salt air in.....fishing the night tides....scouting for bait....the anticipation of the fish....rather than actual numbers to brag about....was the chief draw pulling one out there? I fished in perfect conditions the other night...was the only fool giving it a shot...where I was.....scouting and casting, walking.....the quiet solitude of the trip....was invigorating......Though I didn't catch any fish.....it was the connection with nature and the outdoors....casting a line, getting back into the swing of things...walking the flats....finding a few winter spearing....getting excited when I found some more....finding some clear water to fish in....trying to formulate a plan of when to fish next....based on what I saw that night....feeling the tidal flow as the cold clean water ran through my weathered hands once more....

At one time....(back in the dinosaur days)......the trip itself used to be the draw.......not the internet chatter that "you should get out there now because it's ON!!!!"

Sometimes it's not just the catching that we need.....but the trip itself.....