Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2012 www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2012 www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Fantastic! I fished in nomoco around the same time as you surferman. The blues came in a little after sunrise. Got some nice ones on a diamond jig. I wished it would have lasted longer but it was cool to see and the birds were happy too.

Leave those juvenile strpers alone. When you folks get tired of playing with the runts the Ditch has had some good action in the last week.

Fished No Moco tonight 5-8pm. The word must be out on the internet because it looked like the daytona 500. The bluefish are all over though. Moved a bit south of the chaos and got small blues till I was tired. Lots of small bait in the surfline. All fish on metal and teaser. If you guys are out there tonight be careful the waves were getting bigger.

I went looking specifically for the bigger blues last night. Had to wait a while for the rain to stop. I got out there and saw it affected the back bay water a bit. There were still small bass and weakfish occasionally feeding in close but not like the night before. The quantities seemed diminished.

Still, gave it a shot and managed 5 blues on small plugs.

These averaged 6# each, a lot smaller than the night before. They seemed to be out in a little deeper water as well. Still picky about hitting the plugs, but during an aggressive feeding period of 1/2 hour, the action was better than the night before. Missed quite a few. Could have probably done better with a small bucktail as these fish were all feeding on small bait.

Nonetheless, still had fun. It was a challenge to get them to hit artificials at night.

Eventually that bite died. Moved to another location, no bluefish action at all, and limited amounts of bait.

for me.

Found some bass for the first time in a long while. Out front before false dawn I was surprised I was alone with all these great reports. Third cast woke me up with a nice surprise that went 35" (released) - haven't had a fight like that in awhile! Managed 2 shorts and as many drops in the next 20 minutes and it shut off like a light. Fish at the end of the cast on a sp minnow and a yellow bomber. Saw some peanuts around. Home before anyone was awake at home.

Nice work DS and others .... getting it done.

^ Nice report eltosoro! And btw welcome to the site! released as well, good deal!
    I fished nomoco this am got one blue on a diamond jig. What a difference a day makes.

Fished early Sat. morning SH was into some small blues @ dawn, birds and bait all over the place. I even managed to hook into some very large herring, biggest I have ever seen. During the darker hours of the morning their was one guy catching small bass. Seemed like every 3rd cast or so he was hooking up. I spoke to him later and he said they all were hitting a darter. He didn't move from that spot and thats where all the bass were. I was only about 25 yards to his right, but I could not hookup. My action only started a little before dawn. All small blues and herring. When the crowd started coming their were a lot of small fluke being caught. BTW most of my hook ups were on the teaser.

Fished ocean side this morning, 1:00-10:00, one area, but miles of it. Caught a short striper on Mag-darter around 4:30 (just as it entered the white water). Then only one small blue a little after sun-up. Could see some small bait being harassed for about an hour after daylight. Was a little breezy out there for awhile after the sun was up.
    Also around 3:00 I "caught" another wacky fish. Its been a real weird year fishing so far for me.

No idea what this was.

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Awesome report Monty. You beat me. Just finished in nomoco got one blue on a teaser. What the heck is that fish? Maybe a blowfish though the stripes throw me off. Dark should give you an award for that, don't ever remember seeing a fish like that on this site before. Nice job. Beautiful sunrise surf pic.

Nice menagerie you caught there dude. Looks like a striped burrfish aka spiny puffer.
    You can kiss them for good luck. They will not shock you like a stargazer. That way maybe you will catch more next time.

Some info -
    http://www.google.com/imgres?q=strip...9,r:0,s:0,i:97

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Striped_burrfish

Nice fish eltosoro. Everyone else catching 20" bass and you nail one that size. Good going. Nothing for me this morniing. Fished before dawn and it seemed like a dead zone where I was. Have to shift the strategy.

Eltosoro nice going! Quality fish! I fished the back bay yesterday 10-2am right near high tide. Only one 27" bass on peanut bunker. They are thinning out. The fishing is changing back there. Monty you are the king of the crazy fish. That is some freaky looking thing. In the back bays it is crazy too. Last week some guys I know were catching croakers and small baby drum. In NJ in Sept go figure.

35" is a very nice fish guy! wtg! Monty nice pics that is a crazy looking fish!
    MikeO wasn't SH crowded?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Fished ocean side this morning, 1:00-10:00, one area, but miles of it. Caught a short striper on Mag-darter around 4:30 (just as it entered the white water). Then only one small blue a little after sun-up. Could see some small bait being harassed for about an hour after daylight. Was a little breezy out there for awhile after the sun was up.
    Also around 3:00 I "caught" another wacky fish. Its been a real weird year fishing so far for me.

No idea what this was.

You guys are much better than me at identifying fish...

I thought it was a bababooey fish....

I don't know about an award for Monty..with all the Googan awards he's racked up lately I don't know that his head can handle any more.....
    Nice, Monty...at least ya got some fish,.....

Nice effort guys....
    They are not there all the time...
    but 10 days ago there weren't any numbers of these fish at all...and now there are...
    albeit not every day and every location.....it takes hard work to find them at times...

Good job to all who are getting out there...can't catch them from the couch.....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    You guys are much better than me at identifying fish...

I thought it was a bababooey fish....

My feelings are very hurt.
    Said in my best Jerky Boys voice.

^ Maybe you should sue

Thanks guys. I got lucky, but took advantage of a sweet opportunity! DS taught me a lot this spring and it was nice to feel that pull. Hit it again after sunset managed 5 more from 22" with a couple just in keeper range. The one I would have kept had the red spot so they are all swimming. Fiesty fired up bass. Green over yellow teaser had the first two with an sp and yellow bomber taking the bigger fish. Gorgeous night out with that moon.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Nice menagerie you caught there dude. Looks like a striped burrfish aka spiny puffer.
    You can kiss them for good luck.
    Thanks for the link, not kissing that fish.....Striper maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by eltosoro View Post
    Hit it again after sunset managed 5 more from 22" with a couple just in keeper range. Fiesty fired up bass. Green over yellow teaser had the first two with an sp and yellow bomber taking the bigger fish. Gorgeous night out with that moon.
    Another great report Eltosoro, .
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

fished the hook this morning 15 3lbs blue fish and 1 small fluke on mullet.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast