Thread: teasers for the summer with blues around?

Hybrid View

Previously posted........
    Monty also had a habit of using little rubber tubes as teasers...the miniaturized ones, not the standard sizes....and would often pull a few fish out of an area when the primary forage was small bait.......when no one else was catching...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Previously posted........
    Monty also had a habit of using little rubber tubes as teasers...the miniaturized ones, not the standard sizes....and would often pull a few fish out of an area when the primary forage was small bait.......when no one else was catching...
    I have made an effort NOT to use teasers the last year or so.
    But lately there has been a lot smaller bait in areas I have been fishing. So mixing it up a bit more. It saved me from the skunk and picked up a short bass last trip on a small black surf candy.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I think I remember reading about them. Any pics of these magic teasers? Are you talking about the green and red type tubes at the end of the ava jigs? I have been striking out lately and could use any advantage I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    I think I remember reading about them. Any pics of these magic teasers? Are you talking about the green and red type tubes at the end of the ava jigs? I have been striking out lately and could use any advantage I can get.
    I rarely use them now....somehow not as much confidence in them as I used to have.
    Bottom one is the largest I have gotten on the rubber teaser.
    At one time I was doing OK dragging the Ava 27 over a sandbar and would catch on the small rubber teaser (out fished the Ava around 4:1)
    I added stick on eyes.

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Tubes work good when sand eels are around which seem to be almost nonexistent even off shore

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Does anyone else remember when sand eels used to be here spring and fall? Seems so long ago now.