Thread: I win the googan of the year award

Hybrid View

Thanks for the well wishes.
    As to it could have happened to anyone...
    Who is 30 miles from the beach, takes a plug in his hand, ties line too it, and throws (tries to throw it with his hand) it at a tree.....
    The Googan of the year does it.
    Well all better. Thanks again....
    Here is an xray of it.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Still not in Darks league but closonig in quick

Hope your ok and heal fast

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Ouch, after looking at the X-ray. Hope it all good. that stuff happens when you least expect it.

Ha ha you are such a dork-googan. 30 miles from the beach and you snag your hand. Guess you have a really good hookset! pun intended. Feel better dude.

Monty, if the shoe fits, make sure you don't use a plug with trebles to snag it!
    Some perspectives on googanism-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boat googan.png   googan of the year.jpg  

Googan definition:
    Googan A fishing (not sexual) term for lowlife, shore(bank) fishermen who baitfish typically without a license, regard to regulations, and etiquette towards other people, especially other fishermen following the rules.
    Damn, I couldn't find a spot at the river yesterday. It was totally full of googans hogging up the place, dropping f-bombs, and snagging fish.

I don't think you are a googan monty. Maybe a little deranged, but not a googan. Hope things get better.

Facilitate catch and release: crush your barbs!

Kind of thought, "what the heck was he thinking?". Then today I looked up into my maple and saw a huge limb hanging about 30 feet up. I may have a go at it with my conventional heaver this weekend.

Dude, that is so funny even your cat knows you screwed up! Ha ha but at least you are ok now, and know better for next time.

I am glad to see things turned out well for you Monty.

Quote Originally Posted by mick2360 View Post
    Kind of thought, "what the heck was he thinking?". Then today I looked up into my maple and saw a huge limb hanging about 30 feet up. I may have a go at it with my conventional heaver this weekend.

Being a Maple and at that distance I would go with that 5 oz pencil Surfstix made me (I'll have someone crush the barbs), I'm kinda an expert at this now (more experience than anyone out there (I would recommend the heaver too...instead of throwing it)

Quote Originally Posted by 7deadlyplugs View Post
    Dude, that is so funny even your cat knows you screwed up! Ha ha but at least you are ok now, and know better for next time.
    Yup, wife can't stop laughing, the cats posting on the internet, hell of a support group I got here. Finger feels good, thanks, but I'll keep doing stupid stuff (hopefully with crushed barbs).

Quote Originally Posted by clamchucker View Post
    I am glad to see things turned out well for you Monty.
    Thanks, was weird, Doctor said it would be numb for 6-8 hours, 14 hours later when I started fishing it was still numb, sometime while fishing the numbness went away.

After last night Dark stands alone and he didn't even have a brick

Default Dark Skies in the running for 2nd place????

Fished OC with the OGB last night.
    It was tough to find a places where the surf was fishable, big swells everywhere. If not for the tide being as high as it was we would have had no water.

Despite the handicaps, we managed a very slow pick of fish, 2 bass, 1 about 10. The other about 13#. All on plugs, as the water was rough. A few other hits and misses.

I kind of ruined the flow for Fin when I put a hook in and out of my palm. The fish lay on the beach and I didn't leader it as usual but grabbed it closer to the hook. Thank God Fin had dykes with him.. The hook went clean through and we were able to crush the barb, cut it, and back it out.

More than embarassing because it's the first time I ever put a hook in my flesh, clean through.

I know better...and that's the most embarassing part of all...
    I know he won't let me live the stupidity down, so I might as well come clean and fess up....

From now on I'll be crushing all my barbs, and will strongly be preaching that to you folks out there......

We missed out on valuable fishin time by dealing with that hook in palm. I know he would have had some bigger fish, but the opportunity had passed.......

Much gratitude to the Old Grouchy Basstard for being there....
    I might have been in a little trouble without his quick thinking.....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I put a hook in and out of my palm. The fish lay on the beach and I didn't leader it as usual but grabbed it closer to the hook. Thank God Fin had dykes with him.. The hook went clean through and we were able to crush the barb, cut it, and back it out.
    More than embarassing because it's the first time I ever put a hook in my flesh, clean through.
    Hope your not in any pain, ....Just can't let me have a few moments in the spot light.

So if I have this straight, you didn't throw a brick into the water first?

And it was a Super Strike plug again.
    Can't make this stuff up.

*** its pretty bad when you guys try to outshine each other by putting hooks in your hands you guys have some kind of weird fetish we probably don't want to know about
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    , ....Just can't let me have a few moments in the spot light.

Can't make this stuff up.

I was looking back on this thread and realized I almost did steal your Googan spotlight from you, Monty.
    And ya know, I really do feel bad about things like that....

So I wanted ya to know you will always be the top Googan on this site unless Rip, Speedy, or Surfstix (coming out of fishing retirement) goes out there and out-Googans you....

Congrats, you are the King!.....

Default Re: I win the googan of the year award

Still not in Darks league ......U HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD BRO ..... .....LMAO... STEVE NICE ONE GREAT PAIN MED MAKERS MART ...LOL

Default Re: I win the googan of the year award

Quote Originally Posted by speedy View Post
    Still not in Darks league ......U HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD BRO ..... .....LMAO... STEVE NICE ONE GREAT PAIN MED MARKERS MART ...LOL
    Still not in DARKS LEAGUE as he is KING of the GOOGANS

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes.
    As to it could have happened to anyone...
    Who is 30 miles from the beach, takes a plug in his hand, ties line too it, and throws (tries to throw it with his hand) it at a tree.....
    The Googan of the year does it.
    Well all better. Thanks again....
    Here is an xray of it.
    ....nice job there bro have to give ya a name now (the pinky hooker) lol get well soon bro