Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
Awesome story surfrob, mimicing the punk movement lol. Did you ever wear jeans with safety pins?
Question, in your opinion why would 99% of the anglers in your area use bait. Aren't there any inlets or jetties or sod banks where the fish school up at?
I should qualify that along the sod banks there are a dedicated group of night rats out plugging. But around Brigantine, not so.

I'm just kicking myself as during the fall there is so much small bait in the surf, from baby kings, to snappers to spot to crabs, and last year for the first time that I'm aware of... sand eels, that plugging / flying has got to be more effective than bait and wait.

Around that island there is just not much to hold fish like the jetties and rocks and better soft structure that seems to be prevalent from IBSP nawth.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Great story, do you have any pics?
Well this is gotta be close to the superstrike in my finger.
Ouch.
There has got to be a pic somewhere, but given the time... it might have only been taken on an old cell phone... so really unsure.

My wife was laughing so hard when she saw me, not sure if she took the pic or my bro in law who was also around before I went to the ER.