Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Nov 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Fished moco from 9-1:30am. Finally got into some action. They were all small but feisty. Picked up 12 little bass on bucktail and teaser. They hit pretty hard. Missed a few more. Biggest was 27 1/4. All hit in close. Nice night under the full moon. Who says you can't catch fish under a full moon?

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Fished moco from 9-1:30am. Finally got into some action. They were all small but feisty. Picked up 12 little guys on bucktail and teaser. They hit pretty hard. Missed a few more. Biggest was 27 1/4. All hit in close. Nice night under the full moon. Who says you can't catch fish under a full moon?
    Congrats on the catching, I like fishing the full moon, especially around this time of the year.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Hit up an ocean beach in moco this morning 3-6. 7 short stripers on small rebel. 3 hit the teaser, 4 hit the plug.

Nice going Cowherder, and Hookset sounds like you had a ball. I'm going fly fishing for shad. This way I might catch a bass by accident. Lol. seriously.

Does anyone know if Sandeels move in yet? I havent seen any recently.

Seen some sandeels in moco. More spearing and rainfish than sandeels though. Stayed local and fished the back last night in occo. Skunk city. Congrats on the catches fellas.

Been on a fishing bender with little show, boat, surf and bay. few shorts on boat with tons of dead water and bite over at 930 am Found a lone cruiser around 29" sat night then nothing last night front and back, No good right now, had me thinking about the old days just going town to town in ocean county until you found them or looked down the beach and saw birds two towns and go after them.

Nice catching guys!!!! Had a decent bite last night ...Fished 730-1230am...Worked a good stretch of sand and picked up fish all down the beach...Ended the night with 11 up to 26in,dropped 2 and missed a few..The 1 i dropped in the wash could have been a keeper sized fish he made a nice run and popped the hook in the wash..Slowest time was slack the shut off for about and hr then right back to hitting..Most in close..And the Chicken scratch bomber did well along with my white/olive/black teaser...when the water got skinny the mambo in olive/white got the rest. ....Moon didnt seem to bother the fish to much but the hit were lighter than they have been..But once hooked these fish went nutz they were all jacked up last night!

Nice going gents. Worked the moco beaches last nite again. Bite was better. 13 stripers to 15#, all still swimming. Mostly shorts, slow retrieve got the hookups. Black magnum bomber worked for me.

Very nice catches fellas. Some of you are doing better than the boats. These fish must be tight to the beach. What kind of bait are you seeing in the surf? thanks

Good number of boats off Squan now. Anyone got the intel? What's the dilly-o?
    Finchaser? Finchaser? Where's that intel chain hookup dark was promoting in your name? Would be nice if there was a phone app for the finchaser hotline.

Guys are posting on Betty and nicks its nice bass, boats, they sounded charge for the beach guys but some reported back not in range. some boaters reported lie from Ortley

Ditto to both^^^^^^^they were lies fish were in 30'

B&N lied yesterday and today he hasn't weighed a fish in a week. read the head boat reports of how bad fishing is and they have all been between Lavallette and the seaside pier for the past 2 days

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Good number of boats off Squan now. Anyone got the intel? What's the dilly-o?
    Finchaser? Finchaser? Where's that intel chain hookup dark was promoting in your name? Would be nice if there was a phone app for the finchaser hotline.

Was there went a little further south had 4 fish to 36#still swimming all live lining bunker on circle hooks. Got a call on way in from a charter boat friend it was going down north of the inlet had to quit due to a dinner engagement

Way to go finchaser. Must have been awesome to catch and release fish that size. Kudos!

Fished moco last nite from 8-11. Picked up 3 short stripers on the a bone SP and teaser combo. All hit the teaser. Fun night. Got a little spooky when the fog rolled in.

Good job guys. Please send down some more to Cape May. There are some in the delaware but not many on the beaches. Fished last night got the skunk.

I was in moco too. Used a black darter and with a red gill on front. They would only hit the red gill. Weird. Cowherder that fog was spooky too! And kind of cool at the same time. Nice job on the catching and releaseing fin chaser.

Nice catching Fin and the rest of you guys..Fished from 7-1130pm last night...Not a bad night lots of hits and dropped fish*...Managed to land 4.. 24-26in..3 on the teaser and 1 on a Zoom paddle tail...Must have swung and missed about 6 times and dropped at least 4 fish after being hooked up for about 10 secs...Frustrating to say the least*..My bud had the same thing landed 1 fish and missed/dropped a bunch they just werent fully committing...Wanted to stay out for a hour or 2 of the outgoing but the fog rolled in SUPER thick*..And i was a good ways from the truck..So i made the decision to walk back with my buddy early and hitch a ride with him to my Jeep...Looks like a wind shift and weather changing coming in..See what tomorrow night brings!

thanks guys but they are boat fish and don't count yours are bigger achievements IMO. I will be back on the beach soon my life time love.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    thanks guys but they are boat fish and don't count yours are bigger achievements IMO. I will be back on the beach soon my life time love.

Damn you are quite the humble guy. Thanks for all the insight and helpful hints through the years finchaser. You seem to be one of the least chest pounding guys in the game. Wish some of the a-holes out there could learn by your example.
    I took the day off today and fished moco. Didn't seem to be much happening first so I went for breakfast. Got back to a lifeless beach but started throwing big swimmers so I wouldn't be one of the looky lous standing around waiting for the stripers to fall from heaven. Caught a monster blue about 16 lbs blind casting the metal lip. Within 15 minutes of that there was some intense action. We all had fish for about an hour and a half, mostly metal lips and poppers as they pushed the bunker on the beach.
    Went for a break, stopped at a tackle shop for some new leader material and such. Back out at 7 and fished till 9pm. Picked up one blue and 4 bass to barely short of keeper size on the metal lip and mag darter. Pretty good day despite the crowds.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast