Thread: Member profile: Jrodscustomtackle

Hybrid View

An update for Jrods Tackle here. I have been fishin lately where the wind is strong and the sweep is fierce. This type of fishin lends itself to bucktails or jigs because you need weight to stay down in the strike zone and keep your presentation from being blown away.

Sadly, I have not used these Jrods jigs regularly yet so I can't report a whole lot of personal success on them.

However, Monty has been using them quite a bit, and I think he's happy with them. When I start fishing the Noreast weather patterns of the fall and fishing in the daytime more, I'll be using them.

As I said above, they are great when you need something to punch it out there. It seems to me the heavier ones, like the 3 oz, are priced a little cheaper than some of the big name brands.

Since a good fisherman is known to lose his or her jigs on a regular basis, why pay more? when the quality is there with Jrods.

Have caught blues with them and Stripers.
    The two biggest stripers of the year for me 25 and 19 pounds.
    They were on the longest casts I have made (the 4 oz bunker metals) on a Breakaway Omega rod. Without those lures, I do not reach or catch those bass.
    Also a few Fluke with them.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    As I said above, they are great when you need something to punch it out there. It seems to me the heavier ones, like the 3 oz, are priced a little cheaper than some of the big name brands.

Since a good fisherman is known to lose his or her jigs on a regular basis, why pay more? when the quality is there with Jrods.
    i

This is one of the JRods jigs I've been using through the noreasters. They really do punch it out there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-14 a.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	7916