Todays Humorous FISH TAILS
(Photo)
The funniest moment of the day came when Glenn was doing battle with a King. I jumped to my feet, ran down stream and pounced on it with the net. Scooped it up, proud as a peacock andnoticed Glen's rod bent over and he was still tight to his fish. (SoHE said) When I asked repeatedly, if he was sure he still had one on,he responded with an excited YES several times over! So the Salmon Ihad in the net was set free. We walked over to where his line entered thewater (where I had netted his fish) and stared dumb founded into 6 inch'sof water, void of anything alive. Turns out his line had wrapped arounda rock and when I netted his fish the hook pulled loose and imbedded intoa rock. So Glenn was battling a rock.
-
Randy, If it's one thing you should have learnedfrom our day on the river, it's that you should make sure to pointout to your clients that although from a distance a rock and a Salmon may look alike. There are no similarities up close and they should be100% sure before they tell you to release their netted fish! LOL!!!!! Take Care, Glenn
-
(Photo)
Dave with 1 of many Steelhead. Congrats! (All released)
Congrats go out to Dave who fought and released a magnificent, beautiful sucker of 3 lb.! Dave was very proud, as hecaught it on one of his own flies!
Dave and I had a fabulous day on the river. Sunny, lots of laughs and fish and more fish. We used the drift boat to drift the middle river. We hit fish in 5 out of 7 spots. Dave was nice enough to invite me to fish with him so we were a combined 2 for 10. The higher water made it a little tuff to land them. We watched in amazement as several of the silver fish jumped and gave us a number of reeeeeeeel smok'n run's. Dave hooked into one fish and as it jumped our jawscame close to hitting the bottom of the boat. It was all of 16 lb's,maybe a lil more. We decided to leave the spot we had just anchoredin, to give chase with the boat. I call this a Nantucket Sleigh ride.This would improve the odds of us landing this trophy fish of a lifetime. After a 5 minute tug of war and a boat load of adrenaline running up our spines this honk'a of a fish neared the boat. Dave pulled up onthe rod as I went to net it, but it would have none of that and took offlike a bullet and the line broke. We anchored, caught are breath and laughed so loud you could probably of heard us a mile off. What a fight, what an incredible, incredible, magnificent fish! "The Salmon River, wherememories are made"
-
More "Fish Tails" coming thru out the season, so please stop back.
Countless people have been guided by me and most have gone on to live normal lives.
Be careful out there or YOU could be the next "Fish Tale". (The above fish tales were written and told with a smile and in fun)
-
-
Guide Slush Tip- Planning your fishing dayaround it:
Since it's slushytime again, I'm reposting this from a previousone. If you missed it and are fishing here anytime soon, just might help!
-
No it's not the stuff you put in a cone and eat but rather a winter occurrence that causes certain area's ofthe river to be unfishable.
-
Knowing current water -air temp. current water and future water flow level's, tonight's predicted lows with tomorrow's highs will help you decide where to begin your day of fishing.
-
Sample:
Water temps. are 34 deg. up top and the flow is 285 cfs. Evening lows are swinging around 5 deg. and daytime highs are around 32 deg. (No heavy snow is forecast) The Key here isthe nighttime low. Normally if the low is below 20 deg. you willhave slush from Pineville down. If the low is only 20 deg. then youmay not have any slush the entire length of the river.
-
When slush is present at these air temp's then normally by 10-11 A.M. the lower part of the river will clear out and make fishing possible. If you're ever not sure, than do what I sometimes do and go to the short bridge in town and have a look for yourself, before planning your day. If air temp's do not rise above 20 for the daytime high then you may have slush down river all day.
-
If I'm planning to start my fishing at dawn, then I'll start up top. And then later possibly move down river once the slush has had a chance to clear. If certain areas of the river are slushed up and you are the first to arrive after it has cleared than the chances of hooking-up are good. You will be the first angler fishing to fresh fish that have not been disturbed or pressured.
-
This same condition occurs on the smaller creeks around the Salmon River in early-late winter. Many an early A.M. trip North has ended with a return trip when slush was not considered. I will always check air temp's the day before I plan fishing thecreeks. Often, I will arrive at 10 A.M. and fish while the last balanceof slush is clearing and getting first shot at the prime spots. Fish-on!
-
-
Anywaaaaays, thats my story for todayand Im sticking with it.
No fish were hurt in the writing of this report.
Im a trained professional, so please do not try this at home
Now get back to work before the boss catch's you on here. (Unless of course, you ARE the boss, then stay as long as you want)
-
-
Hello to all the armed forces that read my reports from around the world. We will save a few fish for you all appon your safe return. Thanks for your service!
-
Thats it for this week's Rambling's...... I think I covered all the important stuff.
-
May all your door knobs smell of "Happy New Year" Steelhead!
-
Thank you all for your words of encouragement, kind words and continued support. Ill continue to do my best in sharing what I've learned through experience, experimentation, borrowed ideas and taught techniques.
Stay tuned for more entertainingly informative and mildly educational reports and articles on this never-ending virtual fishing trip with your host Randy "The Yankee Angler" and friends.
I sincerely hope that what little I've been able to share with you will help you along the path to more enjoyable, safe and knowledgeable fishing.

Thanks for stopping in and spending your valuable internet fishing time here
Hope your all enjoying this great fishing!
The Steelhead fishing of your dreams...... ............ we'll make it reeeeeeeeeeeeeel.

(Photo)
Author Randy Jones
-
-#guidepulaski #guidepulaskiny #fishingreportny #fishingreportpulaski #fishingreportsalmonriver #salmon #guide #fly #driftboat #fishingguides #fishpulaski #fishsalmonriver#fishny #fishsteelhead #flyfish #fishreport #fishpulaskiny