Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange but true thread: outrageous behaviors/ statements made by surf fishermen

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Upon reporting their catch at 4 different tackle shops,
    You left out the internet reports, it was also reported to Ristori. As for the bungee cord on the cooler, maybe he is a deer hunter and was practicing for when he gets a big buck.

OGB told me he might be learning photoshop soon as a way to deal with his dismay over some of the things happening out there in the fishing world.

I thought these might be enough to get ya started Fin, let me know if ya need more.

Attachment 8720

Attachment 8721

Attachment 8722

Attachment 8724
    Ha ha funny stuff Dark keep em coming! I call it the corvette syndrome, a guy doesn't have a lot going on for him so he buys a corvette, and it makes him think he is better thaun he is, or maybe that's the only thing in life that he can do. You never know what the guy's life is like at home, maybe he has a nagging wife, or no wife. It takes all kinds to make this world we live in.

Default The *******guy, the ******* guy, the ***** guy and the ********s

Rip was coming home from fishing this morning and told me this story. It had people with different nationalities in it. Those are the kinds of people we fish with all the time.

It was so funny that I asked him to re-tell it here...

without mentioning the nationalities of the people. We fish with a melting pot of people so I didn't want to single out any one group. We all have a good time joking with and laughing at each other, so I hope anyone reading this understands that. If not, you should come fish with us one day and we'll make fun of you too.

I asked him to post his story below......

Rip was coming home from fishing this morning and told me this story. It had people with different nationalities in it. Those are the kinds of people we fish with all the time.

It was so funny that I asked him to re-tell it here...

without mentioning the nationalities of the people. We fish with a melting pot of people so I didn't want to single out any one group. We all have a good time joking with and laughing at each other, so I hope anyone reading this understands that. If not, you should come fish with us one day and we'll make fun of you too.

OK. I get down to my spot this morning to see one guy by himself. I say to him "good morning, any room for me?" The guy just mumbled. SO I just stay to myself fishing close to him but not up his arse.

Now two other gentlemen walk to about 40' from me and start gettin ready to fish. They end up leaving their crap all over the place and leave to go fish off to my right.

Now like I said there is this guy and we will call him Ivan Drago. this is the guy from the beginning of the story. I am off to the left and maybe ten feet away but, we have room.

Now another guy comes up and we will call him Jackie Chan. I have to use the names for a purpose -- please start to get into this story.

Jackie walks right by me an starts to set up right next to Ivan who now looks at me as if to say "what is this guy nuts?"

OK now it gets good. Jackie standing right next to Ivan rears back ready to cast and Ivan moves out of the way.
    "Good move", I say to him, and now he smirks.

Jackie is rearin back as he gets ready to cast his 11' rod with a mighty heave! Not looking, his rig wraps around something and I am saying to myself " THIS ISN'T GOING TO BE GOOD!"

As he makes his cast he rips his rig into this thing, the line snaps, the sinker flies off into Ivan's rod, clam is everywhere!

Jackie looks at Ivan as his rod is on the ground and says "soddi!"
    Ivan lets loose with " what the eff are you doing?!!!"
    "are you some kind ov an ahole? ( with the whole IVAN DRAGO ACCENT)

I was pissing my pants. Now, Ivan is my boy and tells me what an ahole this guy is.

After all this I do not realize there is another guy walking up behind me and getting ready to fish. To my utter amazement he puts on a CROCODILE with a piece of clam attached and starts to heave this right by my ear!

I do not need ear jewelry this big people.
    So I decide to leave and make my way outta there unscathed. That's my unbelievable story.
    strange but true.
    Last edited by DarkSkies; 04-29-2015 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Added paragraph breaks... ROFLMAO funny, Rip!

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    Jackie is rearin back as he gets ready to cast his 11' rod with a mighty heave! Not looking, his rig wraps around something and I am saying to myself " THIS ISN'T GOING TO BE GOOD!"

As he makes his cast he rips his rig into this thing, the line snaps, the sinker flies off into Ivan's rod, clam is everywhere!

I was pissing my pants. Now, Ivan is my boy and tells me what an ahole this guy is.

After all this I do not realize there is another guy walking up behind me and getting ready to fish. To my utter amazement he puts on a CROCODILE with a piece of clam attached and starts to heave this right by my ear!
    Funny stuff! Gotta love the spring run madness.

That is a great story.

hey rip thats some funny stuff right there. we fish in the back too we are bridge and beach rats look out for the stripers that glow in the dark or have the lead bellies from the dumping back there. and of course you have people from all the immigrant countries and the alcoholics and drug addicts that hang back there cuz they have nothing better to do. i like the part u wrote about the clam earrings, and who the eff puts a clam on a krokodile!

dark when are you fishing wit us or do you have too many things to do now that you are birdman, lol?

OK. I get down to my spot this morning to see one guy by himself. I say to him "good morning, any room for me?" The guy just mumbled. SO I just stay to myself fishing close to him but not up his arse.

Now two other gentlemen walk to about 40' from me and start gettin ready to fish. They end up leaving their crap all over the place and leave to go fish off to my right.

Now like I said there is this guy and we will call him Ivan Drago. this is the guy from the beginning of the story. I am off to the left and maybe ten feet away but, we have room.

Now another guy comes up and we will call him Jackie Chan. I have to use the names for a purpose -- please start to get into this story.

Jackie walks right by me an starts to set up right next to Ivan who now looks at me as if to say "what is this guy nuts?"

OK now it gets good. Jackie standing right next to Ivan rears back ready to cast and Ivan moves out of the way.
    "Good move", I say to him, and now he smirks.

I do not need ear jewelry this big people.
    So I decide to leave and make my way outta there unscathed. That's my unbelievable story.
    strange but true.

This would of made a great video.

The story doesn't do it justice. If you were there you might have pissed yourself.

as it warms up it will only get better with all the weekend fisherman who have no clue

Clam on a croc. Come on. I will be donning my waders again real soon. Like tomorrow. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    This would of made a great video.
    Now THIS is the fishing drama that people might pay to see.

The story doesn't do it justice. If you were there you might have pissed yourself.
    I'm still laughing about it 12 hours later, Rip.
    I told a few people on the beach the story tonight, and they thought it was hilarious.

i got i got it cagefighting fisherman brawl at the pier we take as payment plugs and bait

Quote Originally Posted by gjb1969 View Post
    i got i got it cagefighting fisherman brawl at the pier we take as payment plugs and bait
    If this video below can get over 350,000 views, your idea might have some cred, G.

Default Overheard in a tackle shop on the East Coast

This happened recently in a tackle shop, the details were sent to me. I edited some out so the party in question wouldn't recognize themselves.

"A well-known fishing author walks into a tackle shop.
    He says to the guy behind the counter 'Hey ***** how are ya? So can you tell me where they're catchin em, and what they're catching them on?'

There are more details that had to be edited out, something about this author bragging of an intel chain more extensive than the CIA."

Moral of the story:
    Don't believe everything you read in a book, the guy just might have lifted it from last decade's popular authors.

^ Doesn't the guy have a logbook? Guess not, it's easier to follow the herd than to lead, maybe?

Default People at the beach before Memorial day

Sent in by a surf fisherman, thanks!

1. There was a guy fishing clams, on a bobber, near a river. When asked why he said he didn't want them to get stuck on the bottom and he felt the fish would see them better that way.
    I'll send a free plug to the first person who has the ballz to drift clams on a bobber, take a pic of it, and post it here.

2. Along this same river comes a woman who walks her pet. Only it's not a dog or a cat, it's a pet rabbit, on a dog leash. How does the rabbit know when the woman wants to move along, or pick up the pace?

there are so many lol....i was told by one guy full of great info to freeze my fresh bunker they stay on the hook better i have no idea how that works....

another helpfull fisherman once told me the spook i was usin was too big for any fish around here (i had just caught 7 bass and 5 blues right befor he got there, i thanked him for the info)

Default ok dark

Sent in by a surf fisherman, thanks!

1. There was a guy fishing clams, on a bobber, near a river. When asked why he said he didn't want them to get stuck on the bottom and he felt the fish would see them better that way.
    I'll send a free plug to the first person who has the ballz to drift clams on a bobber, take a pic of it, and post it here.

2. Along this same river comes a woman who walks her pet. Only it's not a dog or a cat, it's a pet rabbit, on a dog leash. How does the rabbit know when the woman wants to move along, or pick up the pace?
    a guy walks on the rocks this morning full gear the water had a lot of bait the guy puts on a weighted trouble big hooks the guy let it rip he got out there going to cast 2nd time he whips the rod hard and i hear a screem like a woman. come to find out the guy hooked him self in the a-- at that time i pissed my pants
    i was fishing 6 feet from him i said dude you ok i didnot know he hooked him self at the time the hook came out he didnot get the barb thank god the e.r. would love that one

I had a guy tell me once as I was fishing a spot that the fishing is pretty good here when they are here.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast