Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

You guys are lucky. Rarely do we see dead things in the barny bay like you do up north. Mostly its a end of winter thing to see what crawled out on the ice and died. Dead deer and racoons and such.

Good job gents. Fished cmc last night. Skunk followed me home.

I would like to say how great this fall run has been. so far it's been a fizzle for me. fished last night before the rain got one hickory shad on a teaser. Chased out by the thunder and lightning.

This morning 4 to 7 released 6 really cute little bass all on DOA jerk bait and jig head

Also test casted the soon to come 4 1/2 inch SP minnow very impressed should be out by 11/15

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

By cute im assuming they were small? Better than I did. Fished .oco this morning for nada.

Fished somoco tonight 6-9 one hit on a ava at 6pm by a small blue. Tried poppers, the SP and some bucktails. One small tap on the bucktail too and that was it. Hope some of you had better luck.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    This morning 4 to 7 released 6 really cute little bass all on DOA jerk bait and jig head

Also test casted the soon to come 4 1/2 inch SP minnow very impressed should be out by 11/15
    How does that cast when its windy? thanks

Got out this am 5 till 730...fished some rocks..First couple casts had a blue rip the tail off my shad after that NADA! Worked the whole jetty..water looked great clean with some good movement..Expected more...Was getting ready to leave made a few more casts from the beach..And BAM finally kicked that damn SKUNK! Nice 25incher crushed my olive Greenpoint swimmer in the wash..after that no more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20151011_071906.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    .Expected more...Was getting ready to leave made a few more casts from the beach..And BAM finally kicked that damn SKUNK! Nice 25incher crushed my olive Greenpoint swimmer in the wash..after that no more.
    I have been out there recently and expected a LOT more with all the bait out there! It seems we may not have a decent fall run until November! Just have to keep trying man, nice job.

Nice going blazin. Fished the back in CM last night. Lots of bait. Not even one fish. I think they have too much to eat right now.

this morning 4 to 7 had 4 micro bass that are usually here at the end of the fall run very strange

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Fished moco this am for the hour before and after sunrise. Incoming tide and the water was awesome. Small bait, spearing? Got one small stripper and one small blue on an ava jig. I have read reports on ny forums, massachusetts forums, and nj forums. Where the heck are all the stripers? Didn't they get the memo that the fall run is supposed to be here?

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    I have been out there recently and expected a LOT more with all the bait out there! It seems we may not have a decent fall run until November! Just have to keep trying man, nice job.
    Yeak I expected a lot too. Guess we'll have to lower the expectations lol.

Got the skunk last night as well. nomoco. Yowza this Fall is awesome so far.

fished moco ocean side from the yak- nada for me- had my eels chomped by small blues but no hook ups. Albies were being caught by other yakkers on small metal. Fished sun up till noon. bait slingers from land were hauling in skates from what I could see.

Thats pretty cool that you were out among the albies. About how far off were they? In your opinion wouid you say we have a lot of chances of catching them from the surf in nj? It is mid october already and I haven't read of many being caught that way.

Perfect columbus day in so Moco. Had off and figured I would try my luck. The fishing was perfect. The catching not so much. I tried bombers, sps, rubber shad (one bite off on that) poppers, and casted a needle fish around sunrise too. The only thing I had luck with was right around sunrise when I got a 2 lb blue on a bucktail with pork rind. About the same results as the other guys I talked to fishing today. Where are the stripers? I fished from 6-10am.

Quote Originally Posted by baitstealer View Post
    Thats pretty cool that you were out among the albies. About how far off were they? In your opinion wouid you say we have a lot of chances of catching them from the surf in nj? It is mid october already and I haven't read of many being caught that way.
    The albies were about 1/4 mile out and spread out to a few miles off shore. I can't say if they will come close enough to shore or not as I don't personally know. One yakker said he had been catching the albies for weeks now. I have never been out there with albies so I don't know their normal behavior but they were so spread out- there would be a few splashes and then nothing. Look 50 yards away and a few splashes 200 yards away a few splashes- then nothing in site for a while than an occasional splash. In that environment Luck was needed.

Thanks man. Should be a real thrill to get one on a kayak. good luck in the future and tight lines!

Decided to start a little earlier this morning in moco. Picked up 4 shorts today pre dawn with bucktail and redgill. Wind slightly from the S/SE. Decent conditions out there. Not much bait visible.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast