Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for December 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Three of us fished OC early afternoon till dark. Still a lot of of peanuts around, but not all the pods had fish in them. Some of the pods that had fish also had a lot of people fishing them. Stayed away from the mobs and each of us caught some fish. All fish were shorts. All action seemed to die a half hour before it got dark.

Got the yak out on Saturday and finished with 17 December Death Rat bass and 2 good sized bluefish. Would have had much more if I wasn't surrounded by boaters who ran over the schools of fish so often.

Got out for some blackfish yesterday. Ended up with 3 keepers to finish off a slow day. Did read large schools of Mackerel on the fish finder.

I like the interesting bait mix we have this fall.

Joined the madness at island beach yesterday. For 7 hours it seemed like I spend more chasing than fishing. As was said fish would pop up, one or two caught. Then move out. Boat and kayaks seemed to be catching here and there. At the end of the day I went to the spot that was most crowded. Caught 2 stripers on popper before sunset. It was a giant group lines up and down the surf. At that time some were catching but the guys I talked to said friday was better. Tight lines guys and hope these fish stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Got the yak out on Saturday and finished with 17 December Death Rat bass and 2 good sized bluefish. Would have had much more if I wasn't surrounded by boaters who ran over the schools of fish so often.

Got out for some blackfish yesterday. Ended up with 3 keepers to finish off a slow day. Did read large schools of Mackerel on the fish finder.

I like the interesting bait mix we have this fall.
    Nice. How big were the bluefish? I didn't see any caught where I ended up at the end of the day. All bass. but all mostly 24" or smaller as well.

Fished the park this morning before work. Only had a limited time to fish. Nothing for me. Might try again this afternoon. It may be going back to the run and gun thing.

Glad to see some of you out there working hard and finding some fish. It's not easy to drop everything and chase fish. It's a lot more sane to target them for a nite bite that includes looking at past logs, and making adjustments when needed. Unfortunately, the peanut bunker and herring gathering up does not always translate to a night bite. As some here have said.......the beginning and end of day bites are your best bet if your time is limited. That tends to concentrate the anglers, and key locations have been getting very crowded.

I have no patience for that type of fishing.......
    I abandoned it long ago for the night bite.

What do you do when there is no substantial night bite?
    You adapt, improvise, suck it up, and try to put up with crowds or the rudeness. As has been said more than once, it would be nice if these fish were to stay......... but with water temps dropping and many of the bigger bass already further South of us, there's no telling how long we have left.

Blink and you might miss it.
    congrats to those getting out and putting in their time.
    Good luck everyone.

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

Did the boat thing 2 of us had 30 bass to 31" all on pencils and shad had to go almost to Barnegat inlet to get them today was dead from Manasquan inlet to the piers and absolutely no life from Barnegat inlet back to Manasquan inlet

Got a text from a friend got home swapped out boat stuff for surf stuff went to Southern Monmouth county for tail end of a few hugh blues passing also on poppers

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Thanks for the reports guys. We must bar the door on the fat lady and make it so small that she can't get her fat A S S through there!

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    It may be going back to the run and gun thing.
    Still Getting Fish!
    Tuesday, December, 8, 2015 at 3:28AM The action has slowed somewhat but there seems to plenty of Bass and Blues cruising the beaches and I suspect there are still more heading this way. We had multiple reports from most of the local beaches at various times of the day yesterday, all with the common theme of small fast moving schools, some heading north, others heading south? To do well, you did have to be in the right place at the right time and ready to chase the schools.

Have to hand it to you for always being ahead of the curve on the advice you give here man. You said this yesterday and grumpys said the same thing this morning. Fished oc last night and got the skunk. It's tough for me to get out there in the day time other than the weekends. Will try to get out earlier today if I can. Thanks again.

I blanked out terribly yesterday. Got to OC early afternoon. Fished 4 spots that looked promising. Nothing for me or the other guys I ran into. Lots of you should have been here yesterdays, you should have been here friday. Well I was there yesterday which is now today. And yesterday I didn't catch. Tight lines guys. Hope there are some more out there.

Some stripers are starting to show up in atlantic and cape may county. Will try to get some fishing time in this week.

Waited till the afternoon to fish monday. Moco. Finally some worthwhile action. Picked up a short bass and 3 nice blues. This morning another 5 short bass in the dark. All on bucktail and pork.

Blues are back in the surf, kewl!

Fished the boat Manasquan to Harvey cedars and back absolutely no birds ,fish or bait the Manasquan and Belmar head boats stopped at Barnegat inlet. Heard of really small school off sea bright

GAMBLER Striper Report Tues
    The action has been off for the last couple days. Took the long ride down the beach and saw bait readings but not much in it. Rode back North later in the day and we saw some striper readings and caught a couple but they didn't bite right.

Heard a few reports of birds working a different area not too far from home, so we'll try that tomorrow.

Weather looks great
    http://www.gamblerfishing.net
    captbogan@aol.com

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

They reached atlantic county. Had to work today and my friends uncle got some on the beach there. Pencil poppers. Bass and blues.

Moco from 4-6 last night, managed one short on bucktail and white grub. Let's all do our best to keep the fat lady away from the door. It's December and we still have 50 degree days hoo rah!

Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    They reached atlantic county. Had to work today and my friends uncle got some on the beach there. Pencil poppers. Bass and blues.
    YES! Sucked wind when I went to ibsp. Had such positive hopes but I missed them everywhere I went. Picked a few yesterday in at co. Tossed poppers and it was game on. Massive schools of peanuts. All shorts but it was fun. Top of the incoming.

Took a ride to moco, fished 4-5pm. Not much signs of life in close. Could see some birds way out but too far to cast. Picked up 2 fat shorts on storm shad right at the end before it got fully dark.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Let's all do our best to keep the fat lady away from the door. It's December and we still have 50 degree days hoo rah!
    Yeah man the higher temps are a plus! I can't remember the last time it was this warm in dec. fish on brothers!

Fished before dawn today. One sub legal bass in the dark, one nice blue about 9lbs at first light. Poppers. Mo Co.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast