Thanks everybody.

Mom was released yesterday. I had to go back to work, so my wife has taken my place with Mom. She'll give her a hand for a few days, and we'll see if she can live on her own again. If not, she'll go to the next level up of assisted living.

The first stroke was in the back of the brain, the part that controls vision, so she is now legally blind. She has limited, blurry pinhole vision in one eye; the other is completely blind. The second stroke was in the left front of the brain, which controls speech. She has been able to get a lot of that back.

Mom is quite a character. Her mom died when she was 8; her dad lost everything in the great depression (Mom was born in 1920,) and my dad died suddenly in 1985 at the age of 67. They were married in 1942 the day before Dad shipped out to Pearl, where he spent the war as a codebreaker. She managed to conceive on their wedding night, but lost the baby.

The list of stuff goes on and on, but she has a great sense of humor and is a tough old bird.

When she was on the edge a week ago, she told me, "sh_t happens." We sure are glad that she survived.

Thanks again for all your prayers.

Yours,
Jon