Thread: Strange but true thread: outrageous behaviors/ statements made by surf fishermen

Hybrid View

The story doesn't do it justice. If you were there you might have pissed yourself.

as it warms up it will only get better with all the weekend fisherman who have no clue

Clam on a croc. Come on. I will be donning my waders again real soon. Like tomorrow. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    This would of made a great video.
    Now THIS is the fishing drama that people might pay to see.

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    The story doesn't do it justice. If you were there you might have pissed yourself.
    I'm still laughing about it 12 hours later, Rip.
    I told a few people on the beach the story tonight, and they thought it was hilarious.

i got i got it cagefighting fisherman brawl at the pier we take as payment plugs and bait

Quote Originally Posted by gjb1969 View Post
    i got i got it cagefighting fisherman brawl at the pier we take as payment plugs and bait
    If this video below can get over 350,000 views, your idea might have some cred, G.

Default Overheard in a tackle shop on the East Coast

This happened recently in a tackle shop, the details were sent to me. I edited some out so the party in question wouldn't recognize themselves.

"A well-known fishing author walks into a tackle shop.
    He says to the guy behind the counter 'Hey ***** how are ya? So can you tell me where they're catchin em, and what they're catching them on?'

There are more details that had to be edited out, something about this author bragging of an intel chain more extensive than the CIA."

Moral of the story:
    Don't believe everything you read in a book, the guy just might have lifted it from last decade's popular authors.

^ Doesn't the guy have a logbook? Guess not, it's easier to follow the herd than to lead, maybe?

Default People at the beach before Memorial day

Sent in by a surf fisherman, thanks!

1. There was a guy fishing clams, on a bobber, near a river. When asked why he said he didn't want them to get stuck on the bottom and he felt the fish would see them better that way.
    I'll send a free plug to the first person who has the ballz to drift clams on a bobber, take a pic of it, and post it here.

2. Along this same river comes a woman who walks her pet. Only it's not a dog or a cat, it's a pet rabbit, on a dog leash. How does the rabbit know when the woman wants to move along, or pick up the pace?