Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New Jersey fishing reports for April 2009

Quote Originally Posted by LennyD View Post
    Went out this morning again at the same location, hoped i ran into bunker, didnot happen.
    nada!

Incredible sunrise pic with your kayak at the bottom, man. I was out before sunrise this am, tried some shads where there was current,

I started at 4 this morning and fished IBSP for 2 hours. One short on clams. A few guys I know have been getting them before sunup. Nothing big, a slow pick. It's good to get going again.

Fished nomoco last night had one short.

fished sandy hook friday morning got 5 small stripers on clams. fish r.b at night got 12 two keepers one 36 inches close to 20 lbs. fished last night same place at r.b got nothing not even a hit. beach was packed wit people fishing. didn't see one fish caught.

There was a decent bite last night in the Raritan bay channels. We got two keepers 28 and 34" and had to cut out early. A guy from my marina who stayed all night caught and released over 23 with his party, kept 4 tp 18#, clam bite. This warm weather and water is pushing the bass into action.

fished the back of OC last night picked up a 31" and a slot on plastics on the in tide. gorgeous night.

Voyager, glad you had a good bite, shame you couldn't sit the whole tide out. Friends just got back from a RB trip this afternoon. They left at 5 and said the fishin was on fire. Capn Corey of the "Kat-E-Strofic", Tommy and 2 others limited out early today, nice bass to 20#, and a fat tog, maybe 12-14lbs. They got them on clams. The bite is on!!!

Nice work, guys, WTG!!

Maybe Capn Corey will come on here to talk about the day's fishin, in the meantime, some pics:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-26-09 016.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	6476

Name:	4-26-09 012.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	6477

Name:	4-26-09 018.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	6478

Name:	4-26-09 006.jpg 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	6479

Name:	4-26-09 007.jpg 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	6480

IBSP got totally skunked. I seem to be missing the hot times this year so far.

Those pics of capn Cory are great.

look at my jig sticking out of his mouth

we got like 5 bass between 29 and 31 last two nights, lean and thin mostly likely post spawners entering the bays again.

excellent picture Sharkhart!

Just got back from a 9 hour trip out back... caught the whole incoming and the majority of the outgoing.... we came with fresh bunker and clams but would not get a bump... started getting a bit chilly... at high tide the wind seemed like it switched direction and a nice warm breeze covered the beach....not sure if this triggered it but all of a sudden the surf was flooded with bunker..... Thank God one of my buddies was using braided line because he got 3 of those suckers caught on his line..... cut up a chunk, cast out... not 5 second before I catch my seond keeper of the season @ 31 inches..... bait still in tact, I cast that same chunk out bang third keeper of 09 @ 34.... my buddies got their limits too...beautiful nght to be out there.... Even though I have seen it before, its unbelievable how the fish prefer the fresh(still pulsating bait) over store bought fresh bunker.. anyway all I had was my phone on me but was able to take some pics... a bit dark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0103.jpg   IMAG0100.jpg  

nice catch amboyangler, great report.
    good to see nice fish!
    thanx!

Fished RB last night. I saw some keepers being caught but I only got 2 shorts.

WTG, Amboy!!! (the night I didn't make it was a good night, that's fishin) You put in your time, man. I have never heard of a trip out where you spent less than 6-9 hours hittin it hard, you deserve those fish, congrats!

For people who don't know Amboy, he fishes till he drops, one night last Oct or Nov he spent 23 hours in cold and windy conditions wating for the only fish caught that day, a 20-25 class bass that he won an American Pride Bait and tackle tournament with.

dudes last nite was a bluefish party, rb in rhe back. the choppers were big and nasty, i got over 20 8lbs or more, lost 3 pencils, no bass but the teeth were chopping. grats on the keepers amboy, only one bass caught last night where we were by a guy using clams

Nice fish Amboy angler! I fished Ibsp late last night with clams, 3 skates, no bass.

fished sandy hook this morning. got ten shorts and two keepers and one big black fish. great fishing. i'll be there again tomarrow.

It looks like the season is shaping up nicely. I got one keeper today before dawn at Island beach. The fish are there, I got 3 shorts as well using clams.

32 blues this afternoon and then it became booring. They were eating bunker and baby bass.
    WORK ALL DAY FISH ALL NIGHT AND SLEEP WHEN YOU DIE.

Caught a couple of blues last night.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast