Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for July 2012....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for July 2012....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Dark I have no idea how you found that (you are "in the zone") . I thought that was so funny, talking about it with you and then you finding that. Like I was telling you after fishing the guy would mosey on over, see whats happening, hang out and make some casts close by then mosey on away. But was real nice, chit chatted a bit. While I was doing everything I could to get the first ray in we were joking and laughing a bit about it. Seemed like a nice guy. What a wacky small world, its always something crazy going on, every fishing outing (experience) is special .
    I read yours and Finchasers reports, real skill, getting bass when others have given up.
    Here I am, catching fish that I am not targeting, almost clown like (herring, sea robins, rays), and then having Al write about it. Another example (like rule number 26), of how to be a Googan.

Googan Rules
    Rule #26: While catching ridicules (not targeted) fish in unorthodox ways have an outdoor writer mug you (in a nice, pleasant way) and then write about it.......

Monty, I'm obsessive...in a lot of ways...it drives Pebbles crazy...sometimes she wakes me up at night saying I was muttering about fish...as Steve said, at times it's tough to sleep through the night if I know the tide is good and conditions are right......so is it any wonder I connected Al's Story to you?

You were talking about getting mugged, and we were lamenting he wouldn't leave you alone.....
    At the time I had no idea, just thought he really desired the fish you were catching, you were on the Red X....ya know.....

So you're officially famous, congrats, and good job....

Mon night....
    I felt the conditions would be better, had to be out there as the new moon is approaching.

I would characterize it as a slow pick as there was no heightened period of activity.

Blind casting with the magdarter produced some fish, and some misses as well.
    The swell was as big as the other night, but duration of 8-9 seconds made it very fishable.
    Had to move to a few places to accumulate a total of 4 bass to 28", released.

Nice night and weather, steady W wind.

5 to 7am this morning released 7 bass and 3 bluefish all on plugs

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Blind casting with the magdarter produced some fish, and some misses as well.
    The swell was as big as the other night, but duration of 8-9 seconds made it very fishable.
    Had to move to a few places to accumulate a total of 4 bass to 28", released.

Nice night and weather, steady W wind.
    Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    5 to 7am this morning released 7 bass and 3 bluefish all on plugs
    The daily "congrats guys on the catching".
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

The daily "congrats guys on the catching".

Congrats to you I see my buddy Al put you in the paper,he was telling us about you but at the time I had no idea it was you

Tonight 7-9pm released 8 bass to 30" all on Yozuri Crystal Minnow

Finchaser has the record for summer bass so far. You are really tearing it up there. I'm getting ready to head out now. Dark you still in? Will look for you or try to call. Good luck all it was hot as heck today.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    You were talking about getting mugged, and we were lamenting he wouldn't leave you alone.....
    At the time I had no idea, just thought he really desired the fish you were catching, you were on the Red X....ya know.....

So you're officially famous, congrats, and good job....

Monty can I have your autograph?
    It might be worth something someday. Maybe you will catch 3 rays in one morning.

Awesome reports guys. It has been so hot it's hard to get out there. Doesn't seem to bother you guys though, keep up the good work.

Fantastic reports here! I am jealous. Keep them coming. I am getting through the dog days by reading them.

Finchaser you are really kicking *** and taking names! Way to go guys! Monty I would like an autograph too please.

tonight 8 to 9 released 3 blues

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    tonight 8 to 9 released 3 blues
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Monty can I have your autograph?
    It might be worth something someday. Maybe you will catch 3 rays in one morning.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Monty I would like an autograph too please.

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Oh come on now. If you die someone has to make money off of you. We will collect the funds and give it to your family so they don't have to have a huge tackle sale. Good plan? Just thinking of your interests here. By the way if you do die I would be glad to help organize that tackle sale. I remember some photos of the tackle bags you posted up. It seems you carry everything but the kitchen sink out there. If you die that tackle has to end up somewhere. I would be glad to volunteer to coordinate the sale.