Thread: Bluefish 2018!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Apparently they got them today, per Capt Al Ristori's blog. Where is that guy Monty, does he fish Jersey anymore? Hurry and get down there Monty you can get enough cat food for a year!
    [COLOR=rgba(153, 153, 153, 0.75)]MAY 3, 2018[/COLOR]
    First bluefish in surf

We’ve been waiting for the bluefish to arrive in force as they usually do by the end of April, but nothing has been happening in N.J. — and Fred Golofaro of The Fisherman, Long Island edition had the same report from another early location at Fire Island Inlet. However, just before writing this blog I got a photo from outdoor writer Nick Honachefsky of Normandy Beach of a surfcaster with a good-sized bluefish. I picked a logbook from 1998, and found that my charter party was inundated with blues on May 1 in Raritan Bay. Yesterday, Honachefsky caught eight small bass (a 26-inch and micros) plus five hickory shad on a fly rod in the surf.

There have still been no reports of blues up there

In clifwood today!, a kayaker posted on the net.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 441059041.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Apparently they got them today, per Capt Al Ristori's blog. Where is that guy Monty, does he fish Jersey anymore? Hurry and get down there Monty you can get enough cat food for a year!
    [COLOR=rgba(153, 153, 153, 0.75)][URL="https://tightlineswithalristori.com/2018/05/03/first-bluefish-in-surf/"]MAY 3, 2018We’ve been waiting for the bluefish to arrive in force as they usually do by the end of April, but nothing has been happening in N.J. — and Fred Golofaro of The Fisherman, Long Island edition had the same report from another early location at Fire Island Inlet. However, just before writing this blog I got a photo from outdoor writer Nick Honachefsky of Normandy Beach of a surfcaster with a good-sized bluefish. I picked a logbook from 1998, and found that my charter party was inundated with blues on May 1 in Raritan Bay. Yesterday, Honachefsky caught eight small bass (a 26-inch and micros) plus five hickory shad on a fly rod in the surf.

There have still been no reports of blues up there
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

Great to see them in Jersey!!!
    No Jersey for me!!!!!
    It’s all about the Island. Fishing the west part of the sound lately
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Dude are you still fishing long-GAY-Land? When are you going to give that up. Nothing but mirror primping guidos up in there!

Don't be so harsh with each other. The bro mance should stay strong. rofl.
    Found this video that has some stuff about long islanders and fishing.

haha bromance rofl. Do you guys buy each other flowers for valentines day or simply keep it on the down low with fanny pats?

Back on topic bring on the blues please!

For anyone looking specifically for blues, island beach has been pretty good. Chunkers doing better, fairly consistent.

Bring on the bluefish I am so ready for them!!